resole rock shoes in seattle

pnut

Hey everyone....i have 3 pairs of rock shoes that need resoling. I'm looking for a place in seattle, relatively inexpensive, relatively fast, relatively good job. I don't need a super sporty job- just something for my all day shoes....Any ideas anyone confused.gif...Thanks in advance

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They must like JayB more than me (who doesn't?) 'cause I've never gotten anything less than a week turnaround at Ramuta's. Always seems to do a good job.

I've heard lots of people bitch about Dave Page, but I've never had a bad experience with them except for the fact that he can be really surly. One time one of my rock shoes had a small part that was delaming (after bringing them in for a new resole) and he did them for free (though was surly about it). Another time I brought my hiking boots in to get a patch in the uppers. I don't know what they were thinking but they did resoles on 'em! Didn't charge me.

i have had shoes recently resoled at both. ramuta's had a quick turn around and the resole has lasted thru many days of climbing. dave page took 2 weeks and the the job is shit. he has bulked up the toe by adding rand material and now it feels insensitive.

go ramuta or valley cobbler in kent over dave page.

JayB said:

Another vote for Ramuta's. 2-3 day turnaround, super-high quality. Have to give DP a thumbs_down.gif based on my final visit to his shop.

Gotta agree here...Ramuta is where its at...Dave Page? Ha, might as well go to Michelin...if he does the work, its only ok...if one of his "helpers" does it, throw them in the trash can...ruined two pairs of shoes of mine...i will never go back there...

GO TO RAMUTA if you want them done right and cheap...

Geezus! Am I ever glad I clicked on this thread. I used to use DP but haven't needed a resole in a few years. I remember he did good work back the last time, on my rock shoes and mountainh boots, but was kinda cantankerous. I'm getting ready to do this year's resole of shoes and I was just gonna go straight to DP. I'll be rethinking that move now... Thanks for the link to Ramata, guyz. thumbs_up.gif

• 3 years later...