Possible FNA

Dru

I am pleased to announce the possible first nude on-sight solo ascent of the North North Gully. Hazards include cold winds and spiny bushes. Fixed ropes left by aid climbers were used to speed progress through cruxes and dirty sections. The FNA rating is 4th class A0. moon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gifthumbs_up.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

I am pleased to announce the possible first nude on-sight solo ascent of the North North Gully. Hazards include cold winds and spiny bushes. Fixed ropes left by aid climbers were used to speed progress through cruxes and dirty sections. The FNA rating is 4th class A0. moon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gifthumbs_up.gif

Gullies are FNA aid; I see you acknowledge that.

Although the nude ascent was intended as a specific tribute to Guy Edwards, my research has uncovered a rich history of BC nude speed ascents. The oldest being the second ascent of the West Lion, when Chief J Capilano sent "one of his braves, stripped naked for speed, to repeat the route... up and down in under 15 minutes" c. 1903. thumbs_up.gif

I'm certain Lowell Skoog or Harry Majors can contribute a history of important Washington area naked ascents. wink.gif

I was wearing shoes and socks. And, carrying a pack. This is an important clarification.

I was trying to make a nude ascent in the same fashion as Guy Edwards and the earlier Marching Kitchen Utensils crew. This allows for harness, chalk bag and rock shoes to be worn (also kitchen pot as helmet and/or paper bag over head). I wore no harness, pot, chalk bag or paper bag. grin.gif