J-berg

nightfly

Hola Amigos,

I am gonna be back in town for a bit in late november and have J-berg on my mind. Looking to fire the coulor, so it probably will be a weather dependante kinda thing. I have been looking things up on the search engine but just thouht I would put it out there again. Has anybody been up there that late, good decent options, road info, thoughts, ect, possible musings.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cascade River Road might be gated by then. cry.gif

You should give the rangers in Marblemount a call to find out, historically, when it shuts down...not that a long approach would stop a determined soul...I would be up for touring up there with you, describe the climb you want to do and your objectives so I can determine if it is within my range.

Goat

nightfly said:

Hola Amigos,

I am gonna be back in town for a bit in late november and have J-berg on my mind. Looking to fire the coulor, so it probably will be a weather dependante kinda thing. I have been looking things up on the search engine but just thouht I would put it out there again. Has anybody been up there that late, good decent options, road info, thoughts, ect, possible musings.

I think the couloir has big gaps in it with no ice. It is probably not a great time to do the route.

nightfly said:

Hola Amigos,

The Cascade River road is gated at MP 18 as of 10-6-03 (today!) for road maintenance.

The CJ Couloir itself has almost no snow in it anymore. I think the Sill Glacier also shrunk by half this year. To climb the couloir, I would wait til spring unless we get some uncharacteristic serious early season low altitude dumpage.

A few more summers like this and that pocket glacier is history.

Alex

Alex said:

nightfly said:

Hola Amigos,

The Cascade River road is gated at MP 18 as of 10-6-03 (today!) for road maintenance.

The CJ Couloir itself has almost no snow in it anymore. I think the Sill Glacier also shrunk by half this year. To climb the couloir, I would wait til spring unless we get some uncharacteristic serious early season low altitude dumpage.

A few more summers like this and that pocket glacier is history.

Alex

Then the CJ couloir will be cake! frown.gif