Will the Real Mark Twight........?

Paul_Warner

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PW-nicely put, you have stimulated some thought. I agree with most of what you say. I just have a problem with drawing black and white lines, as in "my form of littering is okay but this other guys form is not." Anybody who spends three weeks on Denali, or anywhere else, leaves a lot of poop behind, and this is certainly intentional, i.e., you know before you leave that you're going to have to take a crap. And it's entirely possible to pack it off the mountain, but very few people do. Personally I would rather step on Twights stove than in a pile of crap. So I don't know that's it's okay to intentionally leave 2 bolts and 50 pounds of turds on a mountain, but not okay to leave a stove. Doesn't make sense to me. So I don't know about this idea that predmeditation is that important. Also, we debate whether Twight left a stove on Denali, but given the number of extreme routes he's done, I bet he has left plenty of gear on other routes. I reacted to what I thought (maybe wrongly) was an attack on Twight simply because I like the guy. I just wanted to point out that we all have dirty hands, and sometimes dirty boots if we're not careful where we step.

wolfboy, i didn't intetionally mean to bash twight, my whole point was that, he bashes yuppies,posers in his article like you said, what ever the definition may be, and thats fine. i agree with warner, it was dialogue. different points to be made. other point of views. lighten up,

wydrav13, you're right, I should lighten up. I too don't like people acting snotty with me because they are better climbers (which is pretty much everybody), I just don't think Twight does that unless people ask for it. I agree though, we have beaten Mr. Twight to death, let's throw the carcass in a crevasse. Good talking with you and PW. Climb hard and be safe.