Interesting perspective on modern sexual politics

dryad

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

johnny_destiny said:

Hell, even Mary Lou has pulled in her usual sarcasm and venom so she won't get banned. I see she craves the chat room so that might be where she can spew, but I may be wrong. Just might be a re-birth of Allison to Mary Lou that has given CC.com a gentle and humble avatar. yelrotflmao.gif

Actually I have reeled it in because my sarcasm and venom is often met with personal attacks and cheap remarks about my alleged promiscuity. Those sorts of things make me a little uncomfortable, and even untrue, I don't like seeing that sort of thing, so since I didn't see that sort of response going away/getting edited/getting people banned, I've had to scale back on it. There was never any risk of me getting banned.

The name change had to do with the sexual remarks that were made about me. I found it embarassing, and needed to distance myself from it with a name change. I didn't want to lose my identity here entirely though, so I kept some stuff, like my avatar picture.

Making derogatory remarks about a woman's sexuality and/or promiscuity is a cheap and unimaginative way to put them down, and one a lot of women aren't too fond of, me included. Seriously.

RobBob said:

jesus, here we go again. rolleyes.gif If you were trying to distance yourself from all the alleged abuse, why bring it to the fore yourself?

That's rich coming from someone who recently posted a Photoshopped image of me spanking a male stripper. WHICH by the way was not pulled because of any request made by me---someone else must have found it, er, inappropriate. I know it was meant to be funny but I was a little shocked by the picture.

marylou said:

...image of me spanking a male stripper. WHICH by the way was not pulled because of any request made by me---someone else must have found it, er, inappropriate. I know it was meant to be funny but I was a little shocked by the picture.

...a little shocked cause you didn't know your girlfriends brought a digital camera along to the Chippendales Review huh blush.gifblush.gifooo.gif

marylou said:

That's rich coming from someone who recently posted a Photoshopped image of me spanking a male stripper. WHICH by the way was not pulled because of any request made by me---someone else must have found it, er, inappropriate. I know it was meant to be funny but I was a little shocked by the picture.

I thought Freeclimb posted that one. Thanks for reminding me about it in any case. yelrotflmao.gif

marylou said:

RobBob said:

jesus, here we go again. rolleyes.gif If you were trying to distance yourself from all the alleged abuse, why bring it to the fore yourself?

Ummm....nevermind. I don't know anything about it. cantfocus.gif

j_b said:

The new American ideal is an equal relationship, satisfying our craving for justice and for simplicity.

is this true?

I don't think you can say there is an blanket "ideal" out there, since the mechanics of relationships work differently for different people. As several have said previously. What works for some, doesn't work for others, and vice versa.

I think that most people DO value justice and ARE looking for a simplification in their daily lives. (This is based only on my interactions with people I know).

Making derogatory remarks about a woman's sexuality and/or promiscuity is a cheap and unimaginative way to put them down, and one a lot of women aren't too fond of, me included. Seriously

Speak for yourself yo.

Can someone make sexual remarks to, I mean, about me? PLEAZ!!!!!???!!! I want to slap some stripper's ass!

Off to the mountains, have fun this week kids!

Anna

(in the fleshyellaf.gif)

Anna said:

Making derogatory remarks about a woman's sexuality and/or promiscuity is a cheap and unimaginative way to put them down, and one a lot of women aren't too fond of, me included. Seriously

Speak for yourself yo.

Can someone make sexual remarks to, I mean, about me? PLEAZ!!!!!???!!! I want to slap some stripper's ass!

Off to the mountains, have fun this week kids!

Anna

(in the fleshyellaf.gif)

Shut up, bitch.

Marylou, what I don't understand is why you still post here. I mean, you complain constantly about the people on this site yet you keep cummin back for more?!?!? It doesn't really sound like you are very well liked so why do you stay?

I am just trying to have some fun cantfocus.gif