Best Fall time scrambles down da Mtn Loop?

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's right... Sloan is up Bedal Creek, not Weeden (or Weden!) Creek. Sorry about that.

Has anyone been up Big Four via a scramble route? I tried Beckey's Dry Creek route once and ended up thrashing in some bushes and never got on the mountain. I've been itching to try it since.

philfort said:

Did you do the Castle peaks, and if so, how was it? The traverse looked interesting when I was on Gothic.

I did the 2 closest to Gothic and then Gothic a couple years ago. It was pretty fun. The Castles were definitely more sporting than Gothic.

I dont know Jerry but at least mt si is more than 60 feet of scrambling and it is rated easier but is probably the same difficulty even if you wear plastics. It is a nice scramble though I doubt I will be back unless it is to ski in winter. wave.gif

I am still amazed the pott'teryx had to turn around on it for getting off route. Seems pretty logical in ascent to me. Even if there is snow or ice and etc.

Juan said:

Ouch Ray! You brute.

Other guy:

See my report on Big Four from this July. Ray: Have you done that one? Extreme in the extreme.

Juan

Juan I am a brute. But I have not done Big Choss. I could have done it this weekend but am not really interested. It's like that whole Hall peak thing in summer- boring to me. That is an opinoin.

I am also not the competitive one. I dont count my summits each year. If I did I am sure to miss some since I party too much. But if we must compare summit numbers I can keep track next season. Let me know fruit.gif

You da brutha friend thumbs_up.gif

Sperry is a delightful summit w/a short approach.

Mark, glad to hear the NE ridge is quality - I've eyed it twice while heading up in that area for other things. Looked a little loose but great exposure.

To state the obvious, one can get to the Sperry summit by scrambling/hiking/bushwhacking the W side via the basin near Vesper.

Then there's Vesper. The N Face route is choice.

Enjoy those colors...

Cpt.Caveman said:

I dont know Jerry but at least mt si is more than 60 feet of scrambling and it is rated easier but is probably the same difficulty even if you wear plastics. It is a nice scramble though I doubt I will be back unless it is to ski in winter. wave.gif

I am still amazed the pott'teryx had to turn around on it for getting off route. Seems pretty logical in ascent to me. Even if there is snow or ice and etc.

I believe it was JERRY SANCHEZ I was trying to think of, didn't he run up Si all the time in his plastics for training? It's all a little fuzzy in my mind but I thought it was a long running joke around here just like his typing in ALL CAPS.