Music for Rope Up

catbirdseat

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please God, no "jams"! hellno3d.gif

There's nothing worse than a bunch of hippies who think they have an iota of musical skill banging out a bunch of discordant, arhythmic caterwauling for hours on end. Just because you have a drum does not mean you have rhythm, and just 'cause you have a guitar or the like doesn't mean you play it well enough to make anyone else want to hear it. Kapish?

Unqualified guitar slingers will have their instruments dispatched a-la Animal House.

When cbs and I were at Vantage, we met some guys from MT, one of whom played some sort of funk-rock on his guitar, intermittently stopping his singing and playing to spit some of his chew before continuing. Incidentally, that same weekend I said howdy to Figger8 whom always seems to climb with some fine chiquitas, both times I've seen him. wazzup.gif

As for music at this ropeup, I recall getting the late-hour lecture from the local deputy about how 8-mile should be quiet after 10pm. Maybe Gustavs?

Just read the sticky on needed items for rope-up. Sheeit, y'all better bring a few boxes of ammo or some sweet talking ladies to bribe senor deputy!

Edited by Pencil_Pusher

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Please God, no "jams"! hellno3d.gif

There's nothing worse than a bunch of hippies who think they have an iota of musical skill banging out a bunch of discordant, arhythmic caterwauling for hours on end. Just because you have a drum does not mean you have rhythm, and just 'cause you have a guitar or the like doesn't mean you play it well enough to make anyone else want to hear it. Kapish?

Unqualified guitar slingers will have their instruments dispatched a-la Animal House.

Who asked you? You most likely won't be there, so why do you care? So you'd rather have "canned" music rather than the real thing. By the way, I CAN sing in in tune.