Want to learn to climb in Portland?

Ursa_Eagle

Come to the Mazamas Discovery Night at Bridgeport Brewing! There will be short presentations from our activity committees explaining what they do, and a slide show with pictures from all kinds of Mazama trips showing throughout the evening. Come talk with experienced leaders, sign up for events, learn about our classes, and see what the Mazamas are all about!*

* Disclaimer: we do not all wear shorts over polypro and gaiters, and don’t always travel in packs of 12, contrary to popular belief.

Wednesday, October 22nd, 7:00 pm

Bridgeport Brew Pub, 7:00 pm

1313 NW Marshall, Portland

Contact info:

503-227-2345

http://www.mazamas.org/

Edited by Ursa_Eagle

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
b-rock said:

On a slightly more useful note, the Mazamas gear sale is this Saturday.

Ever been to this thing? I went last year and saw a whole lot of boy scout mess kits, russian titanium screws of unknown history, old-school footfangs and a bunch of nordic skis.

The spray was worth it though. What time are you guys going? Pub club before the sale?

rbw1966 said:

b-rock said:

Ever been to this thing? I went last year and saw a whole lot of boy scout mess kits, russian titanium screws of unknown history, old-school footfangs and a bunch of nordic skis.

The spray was worth it though. What time are you guys going? Pub club before the sale?

Last year I picked up 5 Camalots .75, 1, 2, 3, 4 for $105.

Not sure if I'm going this year though. If'n I did it sounds like a pre-sale pub club would be in order, who serves at 7am? bigdrink.gif

I once went to a pre-sale of the Mazama sale. A very scary place. I was trying on a pair of boots and turned around to find that my shoes had been snaffled-up by an olde Mazzie.

Me: "Um... excuse me sir, those are my shoes."

Mazzy: "Have you paid for them yet?"

Me: rolleyes.gif

b-rock said:

rbw1966 said:

b-rock said:

Last year I picked up 5 Camalots .75, 1, 2, 3, 4 for $105.

Not sure if I'm going this year though. If'n I did it sounds like a pre-sale pub club would be in order, who serves at 7am? bigdrink.gif

I do. I'll bring a case of Busch to the sale and we can drink it in line.

rbw1966 said:

I do. I'll bring a case of Busch to the sale and we can drink it in line.

rob you should just save that case of busch until your daughters 1st date. then you can just give it to those kids and you can be a peace of mind knowing that they will only be drinkin beer tonite!

Ursa_Eagle said:

* Disclaimer: we do not all wear shorts over polypro and gaiters, and don’t always travel in packs of 12, contrary to popular belief.

you got pictures witnesses and a gps log to prove it? i thought not. rolleyes.gif

but the idea of discovery at night at a brewery sounds like wicked fun to me. thumbs_up.gif