Guns don't kill people . . .

hakioawa

4 your olds do!!!!

Father says 4-year-old shooter understands

Charges may be filed against parents, others

Monday, September 29, 2003 Posted: 11:03 AM EDT (1503 GMT)

A hole shows where a bullet fired by 4-year-old Da'Joun Brice pierced through.

Story Tools

RELATED

4-year-old fatally shoots sister

LANDOVER, Maryland (AP) -- A 4-year-old boy who shot and killed his sister and wounded his brother understands what he has done, his father said.

"He knows," Gregory Thigpen Sr. told The Washington Post for a story in Monday's editions. "He's very remorseful. He was apologizing to me."

Da'Joun Brice was crying when police arrived Saturday after the boy picked up a .45-caliber semiautomatic handgun and pulled the trigger, shooting 5-year-old Kimberly Brice and 7-year-old Gregory Thigpen Jr.

"He kept asking if everybody was okay," said spokeswoman Cpl. Diane Richardson.

An older sister, 10-year-old Katina Brice, had gotten Kimberly and Gregory out of the home when she saw Da'Joun with the gun, but the bullet pierced the front door and tore through Gregory's back and hit Kimberly's upper body, police said.

The 4-year-old cannot be held criminally responsible, but charges may be filed against the parents or others who left the gun within reach, police said. The mother, Jennifer Brice, also could face charges for leaving the children at home without adult supervision.

Thigpen said he was working when the shooting occurred. He declined to say where Brice was. Brice is not married to Thigpen but lives with him and his brother.

Thigpen and Brice spent most of Sunday at the pediatric intensive care unit at Children's Hospital, where Gregory was recovering from surgery on his stomach and upper torso.

Relatives said the boy was expected to survive.

"I'm not worried" about the possible charges, Thigpen said. "I'm worried about the situation at hand. My daughter is gone, and my son is hurt."

Kimberly was pronounced dead Saturday.

"She was a quiet, innocent little girl," Thigpen said. "She was everybody's favorite."

A neighbor said she remembers the young girl's good manners and infectious smile.

"Kim is going to be real missed around here," neighbor Lisa Travis said. "She was always saying, 'Hi, Miss Lisa' and 'I love you.' "

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

catbirdseat said:

Let's ban idiots from getting guns. That will be the day.

I'll agree with this when we have a hard and firm test to ban idiots from autos, jet skis, boats of all types, skis, snow boards, sex for procreation, flying their own air plane, bow and arrows, knives, forks, hand saws, screw drivers, power tools of all kinds, open flames, explosives, etc., etc.

sisu_suomi said:

catbirdseat said:

I'll agree with this when we have a hard and firm test to ban idiots from autos, jet skis, boats of all types, skis, snow boards, sex for procreation, flying their own air plane, bow and arrows, knives, forks, hand saws, screw drivers, power tools of all kinds, open flames, explosives, etc., etc.

We have tests for auto and plane licenses, but not for any of the others.

catbirdseat said:

sisu_suomi said:

catbirdseat said:

We have tests for auto and plane licenses, but not for any of the others.

THERE YA GO CATURD JUST PROVED HE'S A FUCKING IDIOT. THOSE ARE NOT IDIOT TESTS YOU FUCKING MORON. THEY ARE TESTS TO SEE IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE RULES OF THE ROAD OR SKYWAYS. GEEZE YOU GIVE ME A PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS.

sisu_suomi said:

I'm with you, Sisu, but lets take these things one at a time, shall we?

sisu_suomi said:

catbirdseat said:

Sisu, give me one example of an idiot test. Rules tests can and do filter out some of the idiots. So just for kicks, how would you design an "idiot test"?

Just look in the mirror catturd and you'll see a first class fucking idiot. Fucking maggot

This is WAY too hostile. Sisu needs to join the Legions of the Banned.

catturdeat said:

sisu_suomi said:

catbirdseat said:

Sisu, give me one example of an idiot test. Rules tests can and do filter out some of the idiots. So just for kicks, how would you design an "idiot test"?

Just look in the mirror catturd and you'll see a first class fucking idiot. Fucking maggot

Boo Hoo HOO ya sniveling pussy. Go cry to the teacher or better yet the principal.

sisu_suomi said:

catturdeat said:

sisu_suomi said:

catbirdseat said:

Boo Hoo HOO ya sniveling pussy. Go cry to the teacher or better yet the principal.

MODERATOR! MODERATOR!!!!!!!

hakioawa said:

4 your olds do!!!!

Father says 4-year-old shooter understands

Charges may be filed against parents, others

Monday, September 29, 2003 Posted: 11:03 AM EDT (1503 GMT)

A hole shows where a bullet fired by 4-year-old Da'Joun Brice pierced through.

Story Tools

RELATED

4-year-old fatally shoots sister

LANDOVER, Maryland (AP) -- A 4-year-old boy who shot and killed his sister and wounded his brother understands what he has done, his father said.

"He knows," Gregory Thigpen Sr. told The Washington Post for a story in Monday's editions. "He's very remorseful. He was apologizing to me."

Da'Joun Brice was crying when police arrived Saturday after the boy picked up a .45-caliber semiautomatic handgun and pulled the trigger, shooting 5-year-old Kimberly Brice and 7-year-old Gregory Thigpen Jr.

"He kept asking if everybody was okay," said spokeswoman Cpl. Diane Richardson.

An older sister, 10-year-old Katina Brice, had gotten Kimberly and Gregory out of the home when she saw Da'Joun with the gun, but the bullet pierced the front door and tore through Gregory's back and hit Kimberly's upper body, police said.

The 4-year-old cannot be held criminally responsible, but charges may be filed against the parents or others who left the gun within reach, police said. The mother, Jennifer Brice, also could face charges for leaving the children at home without adult supervision.

Thigpen said he was working when the shooting occurred. He declined to say where Brice was. Brice is not married to Thigpen but lives with him and his brother.

Thigpen and Brice spent most of Sunday at the pediatric intensive care unit at Children's Hospital, where Gregory was recovering from surgery on his stomach and upper torso.

Relatives said the boy was expected to survive.

"I'm not worried" about the possible charges, Thigpen said. "I'm worried about the situation at hand. My daughter is gone, and my son is hurt."

Kimberly was pronounced dead Saturday.

"She was a quiet, innocent little girl," Thigpen said. "She was everybody's favorite."

A neighbor said she remembers the young girl's good manners and infectious smile.

"Kim is going to be real missed around here," neighbor Lisa Travis said. "She was always saying, 'Hi, Miss Lisa' and 'I love you.' "

I understand the gun nuts don't want their toys taken away, but can anyone explain to me HOW THE HELL DID A 4 YEAR OLD GET HIS HANDS ON A .45? hellno3d.gifcry.gifthumbs_down.gifwazzup.gif

trask said:

nolanr said:

I understand the gun nuts don't want their toys taken away, but can anyone explain to me HOW THE HELL DID A 4 YEAR OLD GET HIS HANDS ON A .45? hellno3d.gifcry.gifthumbs_down.gifwazzup.gif

Good question. Unless carried on the person, a gun needs to be locked up in a secure safe at home. Jesus, some people need a clue. frown.gif

True dat. I shouldn't have said "gun nuts." This is just a horrible tragedy, something that never should have happened, and could have easily been prevented if the adults in the situation had been acting responsibly.

trask said:

Not to mention the fact that this is a preventable tragic event, these are the type of clueless incidents that will "kill" our gun rights.

other than complaining about the fact that 'some white people are sure fucking stupid', what are gun enthusiasts suggesting be done to prevent negligence accidents like this in the future? cuz damn, there sure are alota stupid white people out there.

wtrash.jpg

sisu_suomi said:

catbirdseat said:

I am just overwhelmed by the power of your logic sisu. I was serious about the idiot test. I was thinking along the lines of this.

lI1|1! said:

trask said:

Not to mention the fact that this is a preventable tragic event, these are the type of clueless incidents that will "kill" our gun rights.

other than complaining about the fact that 'some white people are sure fucking stupid', what are gun enthusiasts suggesting be done to prevent negligence accidents like this in the future? cuz damn, there sure are alota stupid white people out there.

wtrash.jpg

I didn't realize the gun debate was limited to one race. Indeed, I didn't realize anti-gun folks like you were such racists. thumbs_down.gif

trask said:

lI1|1! said:

what are gun enthusiasts suggesting be done to prevent negligence accidents like this in the future?

Home gun safes, education and a clue. Prosecution and a revocation of said moron's gun rights if all else fails.

[sarcasm]do you mean revocation of gun rights after the 2nd deadly shooting incident? are you arguing for home inspections to make sure those guns are put away?[/sarcasm]