• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jon

Marymoor and UW rock section?

Hey Y’all- I was tossing the idea around of putting together a section for the UW rock and the Marymoor walls. The idea was to put up an online route guide with pictures of the faces with ratings. I’ve already found a person who has put some of the Marymoor stuff on the web, but I hoping to create something a little more in depth. I’ve seen a guide to UW rock, and rumor is that Jeff Smoot once in a while sells a guide there once in a while. Could anyone who knows about these guides reply, as well as people’s ideas on creating this section. Thanks.

-Jon

intensity@cascadeclimbers.com

If you could put together a good enough rendition of Marymoor and UW I think it could go. I've seen the UW book and I thought it was okay. I know someone was working on a Marymoore book about 3yrs ago. But I never heard anything come of it.

What would be cool is if someone could create an editable version of a topo. One that people could sumit thier new routes,problems,traverses on. Anyone?

That was started a few years ago but ran out of steam...Ill bug some of the guys workign on it to get going again. I think it was about 80% complete

yeah I didn't pay attention to the date on the first post.

I think there is still interst though. But it will probably be like the UW book. Many climb there, some know about the book, few purchase it. Thanks for checking though.

There is a copy of the book on UW that Scott Hopkins and I did in the UW reference library.