BACKCOUNTY GEAR

sk

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second that! For a gear shop in any town, they are amazing. Plus they are in internet sales too, so have a wide variety of stuff. Went in there a few weeks ago to see if they carried the Beckey books (didn't have the maroon one) and although they weren't carrying books at the time, he ordered them for me! Screw REI! Plus these guys are strong climbers who know what's up, unlike some gear whore wanna be at REI (at least in Eugene - I know some Seattle REI folks that are pretty cool). BackCountry Gear - run by climbers for climbers! Hey, this could be an SAT analogy question: REI is to BEckfest as Backcountry Gear is to:________

Answer: SMiffy Rope Up Yeah!

These guys will outcompete Mountain Gear, Shoreline, and are a lot more friendly and more knowledgeable than places like REI. Hell, they are even better albeit much smaller shop than Teton Profiteering in Jackson!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got a little bonus, and I went to Backcountry Gear to spend it. I have to say again THEY RULE!!!!!!!

I got a rope and a backpack for a GREAT price.

thanks MIKE S. and to jon and timmy because I found the pack I wanted on the hot deals sheet fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Ordered Yates BW Gear Rack Monday night, arrived Thursday!

I first called the 'local climbing store' Feathered Friends because I need a rack for this weekend. Ya, they have the Yates BW gear rack in stock. So I drove down Monday to buy it. It took repeated explanations to the sales droid that I wanted a gear rack, not a harness. So he points out a gear rack on the wall. "No, that's a Misty Mountain. See the label?" Then he spies the next one, with a Yates logo. "No, that's the Yates free rack. I want the BIG WALL rack."

"Oh, we don't have that."

No shit.

Went home, fired up the laptop, and now I have my gear rack. On time and under budget.

Hey, I work at Backcountry Gear, and we all wanted to thank everyone for their kind words about us. We check these boards and try to get a feel for what sort of gear you all want, and we do our best to get you the best deals we can. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...