AT question

Dustin_B

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin_B said:

neversummer said:

Speaking of AT gear, has anyone seen a pair of the NAXO AT bindings anywhere?

Check Marmot in Bellevue, I think I saw some in there a few days ago. Not familiar with the line but the name sounds kind of familiar. They were black with a Fritschi look to them.

Yup, I just got back from Marmot, they've got em. Very short heel elevator, for the rests they look absolutely bomber. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cracked said:

Dustin_B said:

neversummer said:

Speaking of AT gear, has anyone seen a pair of the NAXO AT bindings anywhere?

Check Marmot in Bellevue, I think I saw some in there a few days ago. Not familiar with the line but the name sounds kind of familiar. They were black with a Fritschi look to them.

Yup, I just got back from Marmot, they've got em. Very short heel elevator, for the rests they look absolutely bomber. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

supposedly the heel elavator is only a little shorter than on fritshis. it looks a lot shorter, but isn't because it butts up against the heel of the binding differently.

yup, i'm trying to decide what to put on my new mira's. i want something beefy so the naxo's are enticing, but $$$ and untested.

cracked said:

As far as I could tell you lose quite some elevator elevation. But who knows? Oh, and you probably can't adjust the elevator or lock/unlock your heel with a ski pole, it takes too much force. A consideration.

The heel elevator has been gone over elsewhere - it's a non-issue. As for the pole adjust, I doubt it's anything fine sandpaper, graphite, or wear couldn't change.

Yeah I just went and looked at them too, Noticed the display was only 9 DIN and a small, they went in the back to discover the Medium is infact 12. I had not seen it mentioned ANYWHERE that the small was like that, glad i had not ordered them yet.

AS far as the Binding goes I really question its strength, LOTS of plastic and the way the rear track adjusts seems a little weak. Im sure they beat the hell out of them before bringing them out, but I think I'll Let someone else try em out first.

They do seem to lock down better then Fritschi but that makes them hard to switch and change the heel elevator height.