• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iain said:

the last 5 feet of 5.9 jill's thrill, beacon

the 10ish offwidth start to free for all, beacon

the last 3 feet of any route at tieton.

Free for All was one of my first trad leads. Watching my friend move away from the drop zone as I mantled to the top of that pillar was priceless.

ken's crack the gunks. looks like a straight forward 5.7 handcrack, short, steep and on a slight diagonal.

damn if there wasn't a bulge in the middle (felt a bit overhanging). great climb!

there is a little 5.6 chimney in leavenworth on the approach to castle rock called the fault. a party was on it when i go there and the leader spent a good long time on this 'piddly' little climb. little did i know. it wasn't very hard but felt harder than 5.6! i'm glad i didn't mock him out loud.

Lizard (formerly Aries?)at Index. I remember cruising that route long ago. Then I had kids, desk job, blah,whine, hem, haw,,,,,,, I thrashed on the fist section, and backed off the thin fingers. Seconding it was like a cake walk. Ohhh I have so much to relearn. wazzup.gif

cracked said:

Chain Reaction. I can do it, but I'm scared to get on it after spraining my ankle falling off it. madgo_ron.gif

Real soft belays seem to be the solution to that one. It'll keep you from kicking into the wall when you whip of that 3rd or 4th bolt. Listen to me, I'm talking like I've done the thing. wink.gif

MF at the Gunks. Anybody been on that? I took a 15-20 footer from high on the 1st pitch and swung back into the lip of the roof. The only thing that protected the family jewels from damage was my brand new locking biner, which now has a nice gouge in it. I went back up, fell again but only for 12ft, and then fired it on the third time. MF certainly kicked my ass. Rating? Gunks 5.9.

A classic!

Peter_Puget said:

Fern's handcrack question got me thinking about what routes looked easy but ended up kicking your rear.

First on my list is Hot Cherry Bendover. It looks like a short 5.8 route but it is actually pretty darn hard. Too bad it is off limits now.

PP bigdrink.gif

OMG do you mean Hot Cherry isn't a 5.8 I wondered why it felt so hard!!! confused.gifconfused.gifwink.gif