Can you help Ropeup?

fern

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

can i bring my gun? i hear there might be people with guns there and i want to be protected!

yukity yukity yuk thumbs_down.gif If you guys wouldn't have banned me, I was getting ready to send Kurt a check for $50 for food and shit. My contribution to the event, even though I wasn't able to attend. But forget it now. the_finger.gif

Beck, I find it a great disservice to make it appear that you are taking the lead and taking care of everything, yet are realizing that the event you are trying to put on is too big for even you and a few of your friends . So you send HikerWa as the messenger so that you don't get jumped on as he come crawling back to the group that was upset with his efforts to begin with. Oh, now Beck actually wants our help and input! I will not be contributing anything to your party unless you want me to bring a donated keg up there from TG, if he would even be so kind as to donate one after you burned that bridge. I am sure all of the other campers in the Icicle are going to love a DJ and sound system up there during their family campout. Also, it is Octoberfest uo there. They are having it two weekends back to back this year, so be prepared for a lot of folks who are not climbers to be there. My funds will go to AAC and Access Fund but nothing to Beck. May see you guys around on Saturday evening. Beck, go ask the Mountaineers for some help. They are organized and have all the gear in the world!

can i bring my gun? i hear there might be people with guns there and i want to be protected!

Remember the post last week about carrying a gun in WA state? You should be o.k. Erik! Excercise your right! The FS may not agree, but I will bring some skeet and we can shoot over the creek once we have enough beers. Oh wait, I guess it is BYOB now.

So like I have this big idea....

I'm gonna have a party for all my friends this weekend. Free beer for everyone! And I'm gonna invite tons of Seattle hipster chicks who will actually think all you dudes are cool because you rock climb. And the food will be AMAZING.

Here's what I need from you:

1. Someone please donate a keg.

2. Everyone please bring their mom's favorite dish, ask mom to make it, that way we're sure it'll be good.

3. I don't really have many friends (especially cute hipster chicks) so if you work in Seattle as a bartender or a barista, could you please start inviting all the cute girls with tatoos, rolled-up jeans, and short bangs who frequent your establishment.

4. I'm still psuedo-homeless right now so could we have it at your place?

Please PM me if you can provide any of these minor (albeit necessary) ingredients to MY party. Otherwise feel free to stop on by whoever's house it turns out to be at because even thought it's MY party it's stillf for dirtbags like you.

In my own opinion, there has been plenty of planning and organization leading up to this event. It still is grass roots, we still need some help with things. The "sponsors" are actually companies that have provided items for the raffle or food and beverages. All of the proceeds from the raffle go to the Access Fund and the AAC.

There will be lots of free food and beer, I for one will be bringing some beer also, for me, if there is a shortage, as I assume most of you would also.

Unfortunately through the actions and posts of one of the "organizers" and "interested parties", a negative light has been put on the event as a whole, and falsely assumed that it is way more corporate than it actually is.

I know that this event will be a good time, I too am not a huge fan of amplified music, or corporate meglomania, and I understand the concerns of the group, maybe this will help for the organization of next year.

Hopefully I will see you all there.

Sean

hikerwa said:

In my own opinion, there has been plenty of planning and organization leading up to this event. It still is grass roots, we still need some help with things. The "sponsors" are actually companies that have provided items for the raffle or food and beverages. All of the proceeds from the raffle go to the Access Fund and the AAC.

There will be lots of free food and beer, I for one will be bringing some beer also, for me, if there is a shortage, as I assume most of you would also.

Unfortunately through the actions and posts of one of the "organizers" and "interested parties", a negative light has been put on the event as a whole, and falsely assumed that it is way more corporate than it actually is.

I know that this event will be a good time, I too am not a huge fan of amplified music, or corporate meglomania, and I understand the concerns of the group, maybe this will help for the organization of next year.

Hopefully I will see you all there.

Sean

First off, what's up with the grassroots bullshit? You're assuming the political slant of people you don't know, and what do politics have to do with parties in the first place.

"plenty of organization"? Yeah. Try 'too much'. Still, what's up with the last minute request for the 'dirtbags' to provide all this shit. rolleyes.gif

If you don't like corporate megalomania, talk to your buddy Beck. Apparently, he does. rolleyes.gifmoon.gif

If you don't like loud music, why the call for DJs and speakers? confused.gif

And I still don't get why a skier and a hiker are hosting a climbers' party.

hikerwa said:

And who is this? Me?

jon said:

hikerwa said:

And who is this? Me?

Wow, I'm not pointing any fingers, except maybe towards Beck. In my opinion everything is just blown way out of porportion. It's a party. theres free stuff. theres likeminded people.

I thought it would still be pretty fun.

hikerwa said:

It's a party. theres free stuff. theres likeminded people.

I thought it would be pretty fun.

thumbs_up.gif

that is all that needs to be said or read. think of it just like every other weekend you go climbing/camping at leavenworth tho this time there is an abundance of entertainment. even without free beer, slideshows, djs or whatever lotsa people is always entertaining.

enjoy it for what it is.