Tele Skis

rbw1966

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I skied the Nunyo last year for about 3 days. I wish I was able to use them for ski mountaineering but I was only able to "test" them in prowder and crud. The bindings attached were O2's and the combination was the best I have ever used. If I can afford the combo, I will try and buy the Rainey HH's and the Nunyo's. I think this combo will be hard to beat. thumbs_up.gif

the r:ex is heavy and expensive. not a good touring choice.

the mira is supposed to be phenomenal.

if you want some solid and light boards, check out atomic tourguide superlights. super cheap too.

There should be some of last year's tuas floating around out there for cheap. All are excellent and pretty light but seems like the top sheet gets beat up in a hurry.

I've skied on K2 AK Launchers (180cm) with tele bindings for the past three seasons and I really like 'em. Next pair of boards will likely be some Atomic REX's though.

I have a pair of Dynafit Tourlite Carve Lite boards also 180cm, wider and a bit heavier than the Rally and even these boards get tossed around in junky snow, they are fun in powder and corn though and they are light, I think the Rallys really are only good for ultralight ski mountaineering races and perfect snow, otherwise you're in for a tough time IMHO.

iain said:

the r:ex is heavy and expensive. not a good touring choice.

the mira is supposed to be phenomenal.

if you want some solid and light boards, check out atomic tourguide superlights. super cheap too.

There should be some of last year's tuas floating around out there for cheap. All are excellent and pretty light but seems like the top sheet gets beat up in a hurry.

Have to agree on the Miras. Got a pair slighlty used and they're the ticket. Light and responsive in the deep and packed. Probably don't edge as well as something heavier, though it could be my lame technique.

iain said:

Any one know how the superlights are for fat kids? How stiff are they? I weigh 210 lbs without gear. I don't want a bunch of chattering on hard snow. I would be using them as AT not tele. thanks.

look for a semiwide wood core ski that's DAMP! try the new Black Diamond Havoc..... It's a hot ski for 2004, skis like a dream thru chowder and other mank, yet turns responsively without overdriving, and not too bad at speed, although the tele boards by rossi all ski the inbounds particularily well, these bastards RUN!!!....it really depends on where you want to go with them,-

the new Carbon Surfs from Voile really handle mank much better than I expected, about 3 times as well as tua hydrogens from 2003...which are defunct; as an earlier post mentioned, the voile carbon surfs are more of the lightweight, touring mode type of ski that this year, ski great. I loved driving these skis at the end of the day- lightweight, (PBR) sorry, the beer got onto the keyboard, satisifing....

mmm, snow.

mmm, beer-

bigdrink.gif.

Beck said:

look for a semiwide wood core ski that's DAMP! try the new Black Diamond Havoc..... It's a hot ski for 2004, skis like a dream thru chowder and other mank, yet turns responsively without overdriving, and not too bad at speed, although the tele boards by rossi all ski the inbounds particularily well, these bastards RUN!!!....it really depends on where you want to go with them,-

the new Carbon Surfs from Voile really handle mank much better than I expected, about 3 times as well as tua hydrogens from 2003...which are defunct; as an earlier post mentioned, the voile carbon surfs are more of the lightweight, touring mode type of ski that this year, ski great. I loved driving these skis at the end of the day- lightweight, (PBR) sorry, the beer got onto the keyboard, satisifing....

mmm, snow.

mmm, beer-

bigdrink.gif.

But the Havoc is FAT, not semi-fat, and has a foam core, not a wood core.

I haven't skied the Rossi B1-B3 series yet, but from flexing in the shop they felt pretty soft. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to overpower them....