My favorite this weekend photo (share)

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off_White said:

I know you'll be thanking me for not posting pictures of installing a spiral staircase. Thanks to all who did something worth taking a picture of and sharing it with the rest of us. thumbs_up.gif

I for one might enjoy those shots. It's not every day you get to build one of those. thumbs_up.gif

Dru said:

357bomberanchors.jpg

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1064205633Dru">

<p>Which Pin Is Worse?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Orange RURP type thing in thin crack

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Ring Arrow in Dirt Filled Crack, that widened significantly as pin was driven

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

hahaha.gif

and now for the answer you have all been waiting for

sorry to those who picked the RURP as more bomber. it came out when funked with a shoulder pull on a 3 foot sling.

the ring pin was more solid and required 3 or 4 blows with the hammer to loosen sufficiently to pull out.

maybe the lesson in this is pins are better than nothing in broken muddy choss but only just. and that the deeper you drive it the better it gets under such circumstances (unlike normally) confused.gifhellno3d.gif

Cpt.Caveman said:

Cairns said:

I saw a climber today. It's hard to get a good photo, though. They seem to be shy and can feel the lens focusing on them and they change color to blend in with the rock.

Incredible looking. Where are the rest wave.gifwazzup.gifthumbs_up.gif

This was not a good day for pictures, though these guys on the Grand Wall could have looked good if only they would take direction better. Maybe they couldn't understand my shouting. We were on the 'new Squamish 14 pitch 11a'.

We met the Grand Wall climbers on Bellygood. Ward, from Golden, had just moved back to Squamish. He had lived there in early 70s. He said things had changed a bit. Andrew, the other guy, was from Calgary I think, staying with Ward for a while.

Here they are on the lieback pitch.

247131-Grand1.jpg.df3fa948c274fbbfb8c832a512163de3.jpg

Capt. Caveman,

Fine choice of topic and good job encouraging responders. Your mood-setting shot that started it was excellent, by the way.

Is the Capt. nautical? I'm thinking of doing a calendar on 'Boats of K******** Park'. In the meantime, here is a picture of Rachelle on her first un-assisted traverse. Previously her boyfriend had helped her across the crux.

247137-23Aug03f.jpg.e83a4b128411336e207c30392f0e56ed.jpg

Cairns, more nice photos. I may or may not be nautical depending what you are asking.

I can only thank you for sharing you prizes.

If there is crux and the photo is good then do it. I am unable to share one of my cameras work. I think I may never. I feel confident about my decision.

Thank you again for sharing! wave.gif

I only wish more people to share. There are many good photos already rockband.gif