Best gloves for skiin' in the rain?

Doug_Hutchinson

Last year really brought home the need to get a better glove system for the "white rain" days. I have owned lots of goretex shell gloves but they all wet out pretty quickly in the rain, even with goretex-lined inner gloves.

Anyone have a good glove system? Neoprene? Some cool synthetic? How about even leather? Gets totally wet but with the right lining may be better that limp, wet nylon.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vinylove, baby!

get them at the fishermans supply stores. of course, if its warm enough to be raining, you can probably ski barehanded . the russian cross country ski team would make it a point to ski barehanded as much as possible back when i was living at the OTC.

I have had good results with OR mitts, but still prefer skiing with gloves. I applied Seamgrip to a pair of BD Guide gloves. Did every seam, inside and out –took days to do. It helped, but they still soak thru eventually. IME, multiple pairs of cheap ski gloves are the best solution.

As others have pointed out, there really is no sure-fire way of keeping your hands dry when its wet out. That being said, I have a couple pairs of windstopper gloves from BDEL that I use biking and climbing/skiing. My hands rarely get cold in them.

I hear schoeller gloves are a nice alternative and less bulky then the windstopper. CLoudveil is supposed to have some decent ones I plan on trying out.