How Much is Your Life Worth?

Dru

Last year my life was not worth a buck ninety five cause I wouldn't add tat to totally snaffle chewed anchors in the Selkirks.

So far this year I think the average value of my life has been worth up to $25.00 or even $30 (whatever two knifeblades costs) mushsmile.gif

All prices CDN $$$$. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Dru

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got like three ropes stuck today so once I climbed up to unstick it and it was stuck right next to two old slings. I almost went for it, on two old slings around a rattly chockstone. Hell I may get dead but at least I'll be 1.95$ richer. But then added a piece of webbing, cause what the hell...it was my partner's webbing grin.gif. 3 sling day

Dru said:

So far this year I think the average value of my life

Who's buying?

If you're talking Mr. Reaper, it was the replacement value of a #3 rigid stem friend for me, which if I were a thinking person I wouldn't have removed before rapping on 2 old pins, even though my partner went first. Old old pins. Probably from the FA in '86. We only found the second one because I spied a sling poking out of some dirt and we followed it down to the pin. The sling was dated '84. At least we replaced that.

I hear that Vancouver Coastal Health Authority has started a lottery. If you die out of hospital and save government the expense then your relatives are in the drawing. Dunno how much yet, but if you don't call in sick for 6 months you are in the running for $300CDN.

I spend $45 plus gas for a day of skiing. It allways kills me to leave a cam. So I've only done it twice. In 1975 I left two hexes and a biner on a route I was working on in the Bitterroots. I didn't get back for 16 years and they were still there. Since it was under an overhang and in the shade, the slings still looked good. It didn't take long to decide to cut them off tho. I still have those hexes.

topped out on dragontail in a whiteout a couple weeks ago. couldn't find the two rappels to snow creek glacier so we made our own. in all: two cordeletees, one red tri-cam, a couple old locking biners,and 20m of a 60m 9.8 when the rope got irretreviably stuck after we rapped over the bergschrund onto the glacier. first time i've left more than a biner. luckily we found a ton of booty on orbit this week. thumbs_up.gif

probably not much, maybe some booty biners and some webbing, although i have left an ice screw or two, those cheap ti ones are easiest on the pocket. my question is if i was to leave the same gear as a canadian would my life be worth more since i bought said items with american money?

bDubyaH said:

probably not much, maybe some booty biners and some webbing, although i have left an ice screw or two, those cheap ti ones are easiest on the pocket. my question is if i was to leave the same gear as a canadian would my life be worth more since i bought said items with american money?

do you mean, if you pay $20 Us for something I would pay $20 Cdn for at MEC? no it just means you got ripped off. yellaf.gif

ehmmic said:

Get 9/16" with two or three rows of stitching. I think it's stronger than the wider stuff with only one row of stitching down the middle.

I think the "stitching" you refer to is the weave pattern. Bluewater uses two dashed lines to distinguish their webbing products from other manufacturer's. I like Bluewater webbing due to its handling characteristics, and don't think the tensile strength varies significantly between similarly sized products from different manufacturers.