Selkirks North

layton

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is all finished and needs like a day of editing to go to the printers.. sales of SS were supposedly disappointing and a source of discord between author and publisher with each blaming the other... boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

it isnt 8 years overdue yet like the wadd guide was! yellaf.gif

Dru said:

.. sales of SS were supposedly disappointing and a source of discord between author and publisher with each blaming the other....

Hmmm, lets see, moderately sized, completely obscure, chossy mountains a days drive from anywhere else all which require multiple days of suffering or an expensive ass heli-ride to get to. The one exception being Sir Donald which seems to only get climbed while on the way to somewhere else (ie Rockies and Bugaboos).

And it didn't sell?! Gee Golly! Whos fault could it be.

"moderately sized, completely obscure, chossy mountains"

Hmmm... Yes. Stay out of the Selkirks North, because they are totally chossy. There aren't 2,000 ft. walls of Prusik-quality granite. Mt. Adamant, the Tusk, and Iron Man aren't steep at all, and the Black Friar peaks - they just look lame!

I was a bit rude earlier...

The reason I want this guidebook is cuz of the adamants. Also guidebooks rule, not cuz of the beta, but the photos. Love those photos. I'd rather have 200p of photos upon photos and no text, than anything. Also one guide for an area is way cheaper than sifting through countless journals.

ps. Colin, way to rip on dberdinkass. you should do that more often.

Edited by michael_layton

"ps. Colin, way to rip on dberdinkass. you should do that more often."

I did realize after I made my post that it comes off as pretty rude. I even knew that Dberdinka was talking about Selkirks South, I just wanted to make an allusion to the awesome rock in the Adamants. That place blows away most of the Cascades.

Colin said:

"ps. Colin, way to rip on dberdinkass. you should do that more often."

I did realize after I made my post that it comes off as pretty rude. I even knew that Dberdinka was talking about Selkirks South, I just wanted to make an allusion to the awesome rock in the Adamants. That place blows away most of the Cascades.

most places in Canada blow away most of the Cascades boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifwink.gif

someone please post photos of the Adamants.

Colin, Dberdinka is a big boy with a good sense of humor. Only little men get offended by that stuff.

Watch...

...hey Darin! You can't come to the pub club cuz Colin's gonna be there and you know what your court order says about you and people Colin's age... The level III'ers are having a bbq across the street. Go join them...