• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
iceguy

This is one cool website!!

Nice website - thanks for posting it. 1 question/comment: in the pictures of North ridge of Stuart, they are climbing on double ropes, but the women also has a rope on her pack. Only thing I can think of is to haul packs on the gendarme pitches, but there other (better) ways to do that. any thoughts?

russ:

Could it be that the rope is a skinny single rope doubled up? It looks to be the same color rope and the look of the knot leads me to believe that it could be a single skinny rope doubled back for the simul-climbing portions. Maybe confused.gif

Look at the knot

Hey! I think mattp and I met those guys at Index. They were climbing godzirra on their "rest day".

BTW, if you guys are so interested in the ropes issue, why not just email the guy! wink.gif

The shot of the summit register in the Stuart NR TR shows my little blurb. Too funny. IMG_0655W.jpg

Wow! Talk about "livin' the dream"! An RV, a cute girl, and endless climbing. They sure manage to take a lot of great photos too! Thanks for the link iceguy!

Jay,

Great website.

I couldn't believe my eyes to see my name on the summit register in your photo (right side).

Tell and I left a Clif bar in the register for some hungry climber.

A few days after climbing that route I got married. fruit.gif

Here's a photo from the summit.

Summit shot

Happy trails to you both wave.gif

Edited by Rad

Hi Guys:

this is Eric from ericandlucie.com. Wow! Thanks for the good words. This is indeed living the life!! Glad to see that you are getting something from our site.

Just thought I'd answer some questions:

1. We've had comments about our gray background... I know it doesn't work that well on some displays. Works great on our LCD so we never thought about it. Will be a fair amount of work to change now, so it may be a while.

2. Our ropes on the NR of Stuart: we were carrying two doubles (8.5mm by 60m) on the ridge. See the text in the page for the details but we ended up simulclimbing everything but the gendarme on one of those two ropes, doubled over itself. This is much better for simulclimbing compared to climbing 60m apart. If I was to do the ridge again, I'd take just one 1/2 rope and use it doubled over itself for the entire climb, including the gendarme, as the pitches up it are very short (<30m). With our two ropes, Lucie just ended up carrying the second one on her pack for the entire climb...