movies that suck.

lummox

Dances w/ was over-rated, imo. Didn’t see The Postman, but I thought Waterworld had potential up until the scene where the Mariner's boat sank. After that it seemed like they were shooting for an ocean going Mad Max movie, which also sucked if you ask me.

thumbs_up.gifSpike Lee’s latest, The Twenty-Fifth Hour.thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kitten said:

TIGHE said:

The Postman w/ Kevin Costner was horrible not even close to bad in a good way.

Kevin is also close to being in the catagory of any movie he has been in as suck! thumbs_down.gif

I didn't see that movie. But I will admit I really loved

"Dances with Wolves" thumbs_up.gif I am a girl at heart smirk.gif

Oh, god, I thought you were a girl at body, too. cry.gifcry.gif Disappointing! cry.gifcry.gif

ehmmic said:

The Postman was kinda a typical hollywood Costner suck fest, but I thought the concept was interesting.

What would happen if something catastrophy happened that cut us off from other cities and traveling the roads was dangerous? Don't have an answer...

Probably because it was based on a good novel of the same name by David Brin, I recommend it. Boundary Dam up in the NE corner of the state made a guest appearance in the movie, I thought that was the high point...

Off_White said:

ehmmic said:

The Postman was kinda a typical hollywood Costner suck fest, but I thought the concept was interesting.

What would happen if something catastrophy happened that cut us off from other cities and traveling the roads was dangerous? Don't have an answer...

Probably because it was based on a good novel of the same name by David Brin, I recommend it. Boundary Dam up in the NE corner of the state made a guest appearance in the movie, I thought that was the high point...

omfg i can't believe you called a crappy david brin novel "good" have you no taste? boxing_smiley.gifGeek_em8.gif

Dru said:

Off_White said:

ehmmic said:

omfg i can't believe you called a crappy david brin novel "good" have you no taste? boxing_smiley.gifGeek_em8.gif

dude. i thought that novel was great. up until when the goverment experiment steroid freaks showed up. but the toothbrush obsessive main character i could really relate to.

"Battlefield Earth"

Roger Ebert compared it to riding a bus with someone who needs a bath. He said it was "not merely bad, [but] unpleasant in a hostile way."

The New York Times touted it as "the worst movie of the century."

I lasted through about 1/3 of it before shutting it off. Some day perhaps I'll try to watch the whole thing, just to see if it's really as bad as it seemed.

babnik said:

j_b said:

i'll second that. s.lee is one of the most talented film director of the decade.

wow. i cannot believe i heared that. confused.gifhellno3d.gif

Yeah, me too. Afaic, "25th hr" is Spike's first good film.

But it's really good!

thumbs_down.gif"The League of Extraordinarily Boring Gentlemen" thumbs_down.gif

Sadly, I'm hearing gawd awful reviews of Underworld. As gals go, K. Beckinsale is the absolute end of all for me, but she's been in so many suck movies. A Pearl Harbor or a Serindipidy and the glimmer dims, then there'll be a Laurel Canyon and I'm gone all over again. cantfocus.gif