Index - Upper Town Wall

rr666

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started Green Dragon on Sunday but I got sick of climbing through slime and traversed over to smoke-out ledge. It was snowing when I started but once the sun hit the rock dried fast with the exception of the second pitch of Green Dragon and the chimmney on Town Crier. All my shit was soaking wet and muddy when I bailed halfway up.

On another note people need to pack out their garbage. Food wrappers were thrown about the trail and I picked up a ziplock bag full of garbage. It's a measly 20 minute hike down- pack your wrappers and roachs out!

I was on Lower Town Wall on Sunday and it sure was nice sitting around in the sun, despite a little wetness. Lower Town wall was much dryer than Upper Town Wall (there was a snowstorm, dont you know?), and provided very uncrowded (1 other guy on the wall, on City Park) pleasant climbing.

I would expect Upper wall to be drying out nicely by now, go get on it...!

Report from the UW earler today: First pitch of DH will be wet as will the first pitches of GD and TC. Upper pitches s/b dry. People I spoke with weren't on those routes (in the general area)but seemed confident the routes wouldn't be too wet to have fun. They also said it became so warm they had to take their jackets off! Have fun.