• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Caveman

Wanted *maybe your SLR camera*

Cavey - mine is still for sale. Same price as last time. $500 for the Cannon EOS Rebel camera body and two Tamron lenses (28-80mm & 100-300mm zoom). All in great working condition. Send me a pm.

What are you looking for? I am assuming you have a digital as your main camera? For a backup or a slide shooter or whatever consider the Pentax ZXM. It is ALL manual (light meter can be auto) camera that sells new for only $150. Its cheap good camera without junk you may not want or need, and it is light!

Ray, you've seen my pictures. I take them with a Rebel Xs with 28-200 zoom Tamron lens. Since it can't be me at fault for my crappy photos, don't be quick to buy Michelle's camera for $500. Tell her you'll pay...hmmm... $50 for everything. evils3d.gif

neversummer said:

Nikon N65 With Quantery 28-90mm $225 1 Year old with Damage Warrenty on body.

faq that. n55 is like ounces lighter. and cheaper.

neversummer said:

Nikon N65 With Quantery 28-90mm $225 1 Year old with Damage Warrenty on body.

Not to mention Quantaray lenses blow goats. Spend the $ on the glass - it'll make the biggest difference.

Don't forget the Canon L-series lenses. Those are still some of the best in the biz. Trask is right though...it's the quality of the lens that determines how good the picture is.

ehmmic said:

Cavey - mine is still for sale. Same price as last time. $500 for the Cannon EOS Rebel camera body and two Tamron lenses (28-80mm & 100-300mm zoom). All in great working condition. Send me a pm.

Michelle, if you really want to sell that Camera/lenses, I'd suggest you check out what same camera is selling for in various media..newspapers, ebay etc. That price seems pretty high. Rebel is average quality and Tamron is, well, less. The used SLR market is pretty dried up these days. Just the way it is. cry.gif

rolleyes.gif Considering what I paid for it and the fact it's in excellent condition Klenke's suggestion of $50 seems pretty unreasonable. the_finger.gif I was willing to let it go for what I consider reasonable if someone is willing to pay that price or something near there great. If not then I'll just keep it.

Zeiss does make nice lenses. Used to have a point&shoot with one that took nice pics.

Figger_Eight said:

Trask is right though...it's the quality of the lens that determines how good the picture is.

Nah, it's the photographer that determines how good the picture is.

eBay is by far the cheapest place I've found for used camera gear and is typically at least 30% less than the used camera shops around Seattle. Use a little common sense with regards to who you're buying from and you should be fine. I've bought two cameras and a couple lenses without any problems.

Have you found a camera yet? I have a Nikon N5005 with a Quantaray f=35~80mm lens and a lowepro off trial bag. I had it posted on craigslist for $250 but I will take less.

I have a Nikon N65 with Quantaray 28-90mm lens also. I only want $200 and then actual shipping price. The body has never been used and the lens has only been used for 1 roll. I bought a set of body and 2 Nikkor lenses for a lot more but I got the 28-80 and 70-300 all together. PM me for sample pictures from the one roll. Most were taken in Yosemite.