Found crampons on Mt. Shasta

Alpine_Tom

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was a non-stop scree slog. The only snow I passed was little bits in the hollows, which looked like maybe it'd fallen sometime in the last week or two. I did manage to string together about 500' of glissading on the descent, though.

It was an interesting experience; I mostly did it because I'm planning on doing a spring Shasta climb with my brother, and wanted to get familiar with it a bit, plus I was driving by and had some free time, so why not?

Saw a couple of interesting birds up there, a perigrine falcon, and (I think) a kestrel.

• 2 weeks later...

This could be them, although it looked to me like someone had left them there next to a cairn. But they look like rentals, and that's about the right place, and they look like they might have been sitting out for a month or so.

Any idea the name of the shop, or contact information for the guys?

Since I am hard of hearing from birth, all I could get from the guys was they rented them from a shop in Arcata ( the one by Eureka , Arcadia is by LA ) I searched thru Yahoo and got Adventures Edge .... 650 10th St. .... Arcata ,CA 95521..... ( 707-822-4673) cant remember their names but I do know both of them had rental crampons so one pair got returned . Either the weekend of July 26th or August 9th , I was up there both weekends. Amazing they lasted a month up there ! Wish I had more info , good luck

Well, a happy ending. I got this e-mail back from Adventures Edge:

Wow! Yes, those are our rental crampons. They went missing a few months

back and we just figured they were long gone. Thanks for tracking us down

and for your honesty. We'd be happy to have them back! Please mail them to

us at the address below.

So I'll be sending them out in the next day or two. I hope the guys you ran into get their charges credited.

Thanks for helping with this, ridehikeclimbski.

• 4 weeks later...