• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gapertimmy

dividendz?

How about taking a look at your rack and replacing some worn out or questionable gear? Ropes, slings, helmet or even your harness? How many whippers have you taken or how many rocks have bounced off that melon protector?

There's my $.02

(--Climb on,,,

quote:

Originally posted by hikerwa:
I used mine to fortify my guide book library. And buy all those books I wouldn't normally buy.

rolleyes.gif" border="0

ditto

i didn't get a dividend check....

but if i were to get one, i would buy some of that smoked salom for climbing....you know the kind that you put into the cracks and tie off....the good stuff right by the register..

plastic boots for me (I too had an em-bareass-ing large dvd [Moon] ). you get 10% off one item so get something expensive. [geek][sleep]

shite, i'm back to square one, to many choicesi'm thinking gaiters also. does anyone have those mountain hardware ventigaiters, comments?

The "cabin" section of rei.com is quite tempting, but i fear that many of the items will clash with my current motif i have goin on tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by TIMM@Y:
does anyone have those mountain hardware ventigaiters, comments?

I have a ventilateable pair of Mt Hardware gaiters with a zipper in the back. I hate them in the snow because they connect with velcro along the side and a button at the bottom. In snow, the button always comes undone and fills with snow so you can't snap it together without stopping and digging the snow out. mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

I'm proud to say I only got $14 and change this year, which means if I did buy anything from that terrible place it was probably on sale. I dunno, the pine candle sounds nice, or maybe a Gramicci Cotton t-shirt...hmmmm..maybe some Chukar Cherries, or a little something from the Art Wolfe store? They have so many nice useful things at HikeyTown, sometimes I just have the hardest time decideing what to buy. Then that gives me a chance to get some help from the ultra-knowledgeable staff....

Recent conversation in the Map Department:"Do you have a map of the entire Alpine Lakes Wildnerness? I'm planning some long off-trail trips and need a big map for trip planning."

"What's it called? Is that in Washington?"

mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

The other day I saw they had backpacker's chopsticks for only $20 US per pair. They come in a nice outdoorsy carrying case and they unscrew in the middle to maximize space efficiency. I used mine which was fairly big this year to contribute to a Suunto Vector Altimeter watch. They're great because when you go to a party you can figure out how high you are! [big Drink]

...I'm looking to pick up a gross of those really nifty bigass plastic REI tags to sew on all my non REI clothing/gear