dividendz?

gapertimmy

Can you use it at World Wraps or the espresso stand outside? [chubit] I do like the chopstick idea though -- that's brilliant! I mean just what every outdoor enthusiast needs! A perfect compliment to that $100(?) picnic set. And for only $20. Shit, snag some disposable ones from a take-out joint and you've got less weight and kindling to boot.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by TIMM@Y:
shite, i'm back to square one, to many choicesi'm thinking gaiters also. does anyone have those mountain hardware ventigaiters, comments?

The "cabin" section of rei.com is quite tempting, but i fear that many of the items will clash with my current motif i have goin on
tongue.gif" border="0

Yep, I do. Worn once. Wanna buy em? let me know cause I like my simple BD ones better.

quote:

Originally posted by Juneriver:

I seem to manually vent my gaiters with my crampons every year, so that's what my $20 check is going to.

Put duct tape on one side of the hole and spread seam glue on the othe. when the seam glue dries take off the tapeand voila! good as new. I've used it on gore-tex pants, boots, bivy sacs, booties. I'd be lost without it. smile.gif" border="0

"the pine candle sounds nice, or maybe a Gramicci Cotton t-shirt...hmmmm..maybe some Chukar Cherries, or a little something from the Art Wolfe store"

That's a good one Allison! [laf]

I used to be so anti-REI, until I gave in. Hey you can't really blame them, they are successful and there are people who want to buy that crap. We all know the sell some decent gear and hell you can't beat that return policy!

I am happy to say I used my dividend to buy a pair of 5.10 Spire rock shoes and a spacious two-man, three season Mountain Hardware tent for car camping, ect.

Long live the evil corporate giants of WA (REI, MICROSOFT and of course STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dan E.

"the pine candle sounds nice, or maybe a Gramicci Cotton t-shirt...hmmmm..maybe some Chukar Cherries, or a little something from the Art Wolfe store"

That's a good one Allison! [laf]

I used to be so anti-REI, until I gave in. Hey you can't really blame them, they are successful and there are people who want to buy that crap. We all know the sell some decent gear and hell you can't beat that return policy!

I am happy to say I used my dividend to buy a pair of 5.10 Spire rock shoes and a spacious two-man, three season Mountain Hardware tent for car camping, ect.

Long live the evil corporate giants of WA (REI, MICROSOFT and of course STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dan E.

quote:

Originally posted by dan e:[QB

I used to be so anti-REI, until I gave in.

Dan E.[/QB]

I'll say you gave in - how much do you have to spend to get a dividend that size?!?!? shocked.gif" border="0

tongue.gif" border="0

I too have fallen prey to the jaws of REI by spending hard earned $$$ on REI brand shitware. However, I'm going to redeem myself by spending my dividend on REI's latest line in hot apparel called REI-Secret. The perfect gift for the lady, REI-Secret offers a line of under garment delicacies that only the decadent mind can appreciate.

I’m out of hear. Jantzen Beach here I come.

so i got meself a hefty REI dividend (READ: i had an REI credit card that i spent way to much money with this past year). So now I have this dividend check str8 burnin a hole in my pocket.

every time i go online, i get overwhelemed with the possibilites. so i want to get a poll from the crowds to see what they would get, or are going to get with their dividen check.

serious inquiries only, no freakin spray about how REI sucks ass cuz we all now it does, but we all still get dividend checks.

so what would you get? would would caveman do?

TIMM@Y

We're gonna have a kid real soon, so we're gonna buy a bunch of that Kiddy fleece shit so our youngun looks like a Seattle Shit Factory. Seriously, anything I would buy at this point from REI would never get used for at least 5 years from now. rolleyes.gif" border="0

PS: Climbing gear for sale, all types. Just kiddin' [hell no]

quote:

Originally posted by MtnHigh:
However, I'm going to redeem myself by spending my dividend on REI's latest line in hot apparel called REI-Secret. The perfect gift for the lady, REI-Secret offers a line of under garment delicacies that only the decadent mind can appreciate.

Do they have and "REI-Secret" Cologne? It would be great to be able to simulate that "four days in the mountains" odor, w/o having to go through the formality of actually climbing anything. My girlfriend would be so impressed! cool.gif" border="0

What I would suggest would be to wait until July and get CASH back, then you can do what you want with it. But...if that dividend is burnig a hole in your little pocket I have checked through the catalog and have these suggestions (These items are actually featured in the catalog. I am not making these up.)

A North Face Duffel Bag (on sale) only $100 shocked.gif" border="0

SealLine Waterproof Electronic Gear Cases

GSI Vortex Blender (travel blender!)to go with your$120 Coleman Stainless-Steel Cooler

finally, you reall need a Snow Peak Titanium Spork, only $11 shocked.gif" border="0

I'm so glad that REI Coop is looking after my desires to keep climbing gear available.

Chuck

quote:

Originally posted by payaso:[QB]Sorry I was inaccurate in my previous post, the chopsticks cost $24.95.
QB]

"Take your international flair with you into the backcountry--these high-tech chopsticks are the perfect match for a freeze-dried Thai dinner"

I been to Canadiana - do I got international flair?

[Moon]