Top 3

erik

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

achevments:

*Geting Married

*6 1/2 hour Theilsen trip, long aproach, and free solo the very exposed summit route(not cheatstbeating its just good for little stumpy)

*solo mt. washingtion

Disapiontsments:

*missing seven weekends, alothough fun and meaning full in my life, my adventures in the wilderness took the supretion...(three weddings + one honeymoon + three bachular parties = seven non climbing weekends)

*Not doing more raps and rope asentions with the wife

*Not geting to the three-four easy trad line I wanted to put up.

Like you said its not over yet, but my climbing season ends first weekend in October. then its huntin season, then its skiin season... no winter climbing for this cat, backcountry skiin is diferent, I don't consider that to be climbing sumtin, its skiin sumtin....

Erik, thanks for the opportunity to reflect on this summer's events!

Top 4:

1: Great Northern Slab at Index, after dark with only headlamps and some moon light

2: Exfoliation Dome

3: Lover's Leap near Tahoe

4. Getting into Grad school

The bottom 3:

3: Losing an awesome climber and friend to a fall in Squamish

2: Getting a call from my new sweetie's Wife (didn't know he had one!)

1: Having my landlord bolt down the access hatch to my awesome roof top, because it's "unsafe"

WOW! Some really cool stuff. Mine are weak in comparison but here goes.

Summit Mount Rainier

Summit Mount Shasta (2nd time)

Summit White Mountain Peak.

3 14ers. Got to 12,000 heading for another (Mt. Langley the day after White) but ran out of time and had to head back.

Edited by Dan_Harris

1. Hitchhiking walkabout to the Southwest climbing in Jtree and Red Rocks, and a smidge in Yosemite totallying 1.5 months time. (Highlight was: Resolution Arete-Red Rx) Then driving Layton's broken body home to WA thru Death Valley (106 degrees!)

2. My first Alaskan expedition (Wrangells)- though not as succesful as I'd hoped but still fun.

3. A kickass trip to the Bugaboos (highlight was the Becky-Chouinard) but everything up there was amazing. Small side trip to hit N. Face of Athabasca before coming home.

3.5 First trip into the Southern Pickets-W. McMillan Spire.

fun times. cantfocus.gif

As far as climbing went this summer, I really sucked. Only got out on rock like three times, nothing spectacular. On one volcano, nothing spectacular.

My summer went like this...

1. Brought our baby boy home from Vietnam thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

2. Went family camping with our baby boy for the first time thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

3. Celebrated our baby boy's 1st birthday on Orcas Island thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I have become domesticated. Some of you out there who've been through "The Dark Years" with your first-ones, please tell me it's not all over for me... cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

I got on the rock a lot more this summer than last. Three tops were;

3. Took a small group of college newbies out. Three went along ond one of those is now hooked. smile.gif

2. Did a few classes for a High school camp. Climbed some new rock. 12 kids went 4 are hooked. smile.gif

1. The best was at the high school camp. A little off line from the 5.5 chimney the kids were doin some of them spotted a few bolts. They asked me how could you get to those? I tied into their top rope and started to show them a few fancy moves. Before I knew it I was at the top tellin them to lower. I was really stoked when I got out the guide and found that it was a .12a. cool.gif Haven't done one of those in 4 or 5 years.