how do I start?

nicole26

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nicole26 said:

Since I'll probably never have the time to commit to reach a technically high level in this sport, perhaps I ought to be conversing with some of the other PNW climbing/hiking sites.

Active posters on this site climb at all levls of technical difficulty. Some of those with the biggest mouths rarely climb anything that most of us would recognize as technical at all, and there are plenty of folks interested in moderate peak-bagging and easy rock climbs.

mattp said:

nicole26 said:

Since I'll probably never have the time to commit to reach a technically high level in this sport, perhaps I ought to be conversing with some of the other PNW climbing/hiking sites.

Active posters on this site climb at all levls of technical difficulty. Some of those with the biggest mouths rarely climb anything that most of us would recognize as technical at all, and there are plenty of folks interested in moderate peak-bagging and easy rock climbs.

Dru's got a big mouth, Erik's got a big mouth, Glassgow's got a big mouth, I've got a big mouth (or so I've been told)

We all climb a lot WTF are you talking about Matt?

AlpineK said:

mattp said:

nicole26 said:

Dru's got a big mouth, Erik's got a big mouth, Glassgow's got a big mouth, I've got a big mouth (or so I've been told)

HEY you forgot muffy frown.gif I have a big mouth and I climb okay tongue.gif granted I am no Dru wink.gif

AlpineK said:

I stand my my words, Mr. K., and I meant no offense by them. There would seem to be no entry-level climbing test to post on cc.com and I am merely suggesting the nicole need not be an accomplished climber to participate.

mattp said:

Active posters on this site climb at all levls of technical difficulty. Some of those with the biggest mouths rarely climb anything that most of us would recognize as technical at all,

I stand my my words

dude. you must be omiscient and shit. you wasting your superpowers. fukin a if ashcroft couldnt use someone like you in the war on terror.

i heard the Mountaineers are going to start an Introductory Sprayers class this winter. The class will cover what to wear, safety techniques and history of spray. After completing the course graduates will be allowed to post to cascadeclimbers.com. An intermediate course will cover writing trip reports and posting photos. The advanced course, taught only to the most qualified and talented students by experienced guides, will cover trolling, drinking beer and creating avatars.

Beginning students will practice on a keyboard that is not connected to the Internet, for safety reasons. All students must affix a piece of tape with their cascadeclimbers.com user name to their monitor and leave it there at all times in case they need to be rescued. smirk.gif

what trask is trying to say is that the best way for someone from out of the area to get started mountaineering in the NW is to take the basic mountaineering class with the mountaineers.org club because cascadeclimbers.com doesn't yet have an organized curriculum or base of experienced leaders. hey, one year of boot camp, one year of acting like you know what's going on so that you can, and what do you know...you've got the freedom of the hills....how far into those hills you go is dependent on who you are...

3285davepigeona-med.jpg

Dru said:

i heard the Mountaineers are going to start an Introductory Sprayers class this winter. The class will cover what to wear, safety techniques and history of spray. After completing the course graduates will be allowed to post to cascadeclimbers.com. An intermediate course will cover writing trip reports and posting photos. The advanced course, taught only to the most qualified and talented students by experienced guides, will cover trolling, drinking beer and creating avatars.

Beginning students will practice on a keyboard that is not connected to the Internet, for safety reasons. All students must affix a piece of tape with their cascadeclimbers.com user name to their monitor and leave it there at all times in case they need to be rescued. smirk.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

mattp said:

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

nicole26 said:

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

The bottom line: if you don't climb, don't start. If you do, you'll get sucked in, your girl/boyfriend will complain about you being gone, you'll spend all your money on gear and roadtrips, you'll waste your and your employer's time by posting on this board, you will wear fingers in your holes that won't heal, because you haven't sent it yet. Climbing is a cancer, an addiction, a menace to society. wave.gif