BD Prophet Ice Tools - $65 each

wscottf

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, saw those too. Great deal considering the picks cost $35 alone. The only thing I don't like about this tool is the sticky rubber all the way up. Leash loops tend to hang up on the rubber when you bring your hand to the top of the tool. I've seen people put Armourall on the rubber to make it smoother. My buddy put duct tape over the entire length. Looks bad but works OK.

rbw1966 said:

Has anyone used these tools much? Any opinions on them?

I had a pair of the bent shaft. Aside from being heavy (the CF isn't smile.gif ) they're a nice tool - nice damping. For $65 I don't think you could pass them up.

Sierratradingpost is a grap bag - they regularly have climbing & bc skiing gear ....as well as Polo Golf

if you use tool tubes the full rubber coating can be a bitch to deal with. Also, I only run the leashes through the top of the tool rather than use the little attachment to the shaft, since you cannot adjust it over the rubber coating. They are heavy, but it is all I have and I am not good enough to justify new things. I live in Oregon for crying out loud.

Ursa_Eagle said:

iain, do you mean a velcro strap around the shaft to keep the grips in your hand if you let go of the tools?

Yeah exactly. That thing is hard to slide up when you use it in the alpine, where you have your hand on the head frequently. The android leash seems to work well though, since it pivots on the connection.