Most idiotic place you've found free gear?

mr.radon

I'd like to see if anyone can beat these:

Most stupid place to get gear stuck (The Tooth):

A stuck cam on the "Tooth" of all places.

First the follower couldn't get it out on the way up, then the two couldn't get it out on rappel. I got it out on the first try - look before you pull guys.

Most gear left on route (4):

A few weeks ago we followed two guys up Diedra. I removed two nuts and my partner removed two nuts.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a little alien in a crack at the base of 3 Blind Dikes. Someone forgot their bottom anchor.

I found a 300 foot static rope in a rope bag in the middle of the street in a small midwestern city. I suspect someone forgot to secure it properly on the fire engine.

2 stoppers and 4 or 5 biners with REI price tags still on them on Chair Peak.

Found a full can of Rainer Beer at a bivy site on the Turtle last year. bigdrink.gif

Last time I was on the Tooth, there were 2 brand new cams stuck. We were going to retrieve them while rappeling, unfortunately there were lightning strikes happening so we had better things to do... frown.gif

Also saw a new rope hanging from a cliff about halfway up the approach to the east ridge of Forbidden, at the top of the snow finger, where there are a few moves on pebbly slabs or something. Not sure why anyone would have to leave a rope there?

i dunno

i rarely keep any bootie gear i find. have found it all over. i just think cool! some poor sap lost something....and then move on with life....

tho the best was a set of offset aliens!! i sold those bastards and stay unemployed for another month!

Went for a walk by Garnet MT (a ghost town). After topping out on a rdge and seeing a little bench below and out of the wind, I went there and sat on the obvious rock. Right between my feet was a small jar of bud with a slightly rusted lid. Since I don't smoke, I threw it into the wind and watched it blow away.

speaking of which...is the Petzel bent gate key lock carabiner yours or not? it was very shiny, has a certain color tape on it, and was perched too well to have been sitting long. btw, the freaking horizontal crack/ledge that shoots left from the dihedral on the NW face was hillarious. 50m+ around the north side...thought i was seeing SEWS before i turned around. do you or dru know what that thing is?

gnibmilc said:

speaking of which...is the Petzel bent gate key lock carabiner yours or not? it was very shiny, has a certain color tape on it, and was perched too well to have been sitting long. btw, the freaking horizontal crack/ledge that shoots left from the dihedral on the NW face was hillarious. 50m+ around the north side...thought i was seeing SEWS before i turned around. do you or dru know what that thing is?

NOPE I DONT USE PETZL BINERS.....

I THINK THAT ROUTE IS THE BARBER POLE?? BUT I WOULD NEED A MORE CLEAR DEFINTION OF WHAT YOU SAW!!

NICE UPPER PITCHES EH??

bigdrink.gif