Old Squamish 3 pitch 10c

Cairns

Trying to ignore the NEW ROCK CLIMBING FORUM

I tried a search for Western Dihedrals, no luck.I have been on this Squamish oldie 3 times. The first 2 we just did the first pitch, which was wet and provided sufficient entertainment that we felt no need to continue.

Last week we found the sickly sweet odour and decomposed remains of some critter on the approach ramp complete with hornets crawling in and out of its eye sockets. I know foreshadowing when I see it, yet will I try the last.

Western Dihedrals is 3 pitches of supposed 10c. The technical grade might be less than that but techinical grade comes about 4th on the list of things to worry about. It was dry this time.

The third pitch leaves the corner of the first two and follows a double crack system to the base of either Teenage Wasteland, Warriors of the Wasteland, or War of the Raptors, or Waste of the Teen Rap Wars. It's fun.

One other significant piece of information that I didn't notice until going back to the guide after doing the climb; this is a 3 pitch 10c that was only freed in '98.

The climb has some nice new bolts and good chain anchors.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days