• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ducknut said:

Necronomicon said:

Dicknut,

You and Ursula_Dickbiter are apologists of a cloth more crude than these mountie turds that you defend. Just looking at the trampled earth under the feet of this sickening clot of subhuman organic corruption is justification enough for despising them. Do you see any grass? These clumsy urbanites, stuggling to connect with nature while having something to gloat about back at the cubicle hive, have turned "Mountaineers Dome" into a disgusting patch of filth remeniscient of Chilliwack.

Necro,

blah, blah

Touched a nerve, eh Dicknob? It's OK, you can still wear your Mounties dodeca-ply goretex sash with your Walking badge of Mountain Acheivement sewn on, next to your badges for Trail Identification, Overpreparedness, and Shorts Over Polypro. Maybe someday one of your instructor Demi-gods will let you go outside without fifty other people holding you hand.

Necronomicon said:

Ducknut said:

Necronomicon said:

Dicknut,

You and Ursula_Dickbiter are apologists of a cloth more crude than these mountie turds that you defend. Just looking at the trampled earth under the feet of this sickening clot of subhuman organic corruption is justification enough for despising them. Do you see any grass? These clumsy urbanites, stuggling to connect with nature while having something to gloat about back at the cubicle hive, have turned "Mountaineers Dome" into a disgusting patch of filth remeniscient of Chilliwack.

Necro,

blah, blah

Touched a nerve, eh Dicknob? It's OK, you can still wear your Mounties dodeca-ply goretex sash with your Walking badge of Mountain Acheivement sewn on, next to your badges for Trail Identification, Overpreparedness, and Shorts Over Polypro. Maybe someday one of your instructor Demi-gods will let you go outside without fifty other people holding you hand.

Necro

Sorry I'm not a Mountie, nor do I wear shorts over polypro. Hope that doesn't disappoint you.

I don't like climbing in groups of 12, or 30, or 50. But it doesn't bother me that groups exist out there to teach people to climb and enjoy the great outdoors that we enjoy. I believe their basic climb education classes are designed to teach absolute newbies a few basics, so they can get started without hurting themselves or anyone else. Sure some climbers and instructors may be subpar technically, but that isn't restricted to club-trained climbers. Look at how often goofy anchors, foolish techniques and stupid mistakes have been reported on cc.com.

It just seems to me that you are being needlessly judgemental. I'm confident that there are some members of the Mounties, Mazamas, BeoAlps, Cragrats, or any other group that can climb at a level that even you'd find admirable.

wave.gif

scot'teryx said:

"I believe their basic climb education classes are designed to teach absolute newbies a few basics"

a few basic what?

ways to gape?

go to marymoor and climb hard Ducknut

Scot

I'd rather go up to the Elliot and flail my way up the ice, but thanks for the invite.

They learn to:

a. look like a real dork with shorts over polypro Geek_em8.gif

b. to tie a few basic climbing knots

c. to set up a basic belay

d. to put on and use crampons

e. a few rock climbing techniques

f. to be a safe, beginning climbing party member. pitty.gif

You know the basic stuff it takes to get started climbing. bigdrink.gif

Attitude said:

Figger_Eight said:

A_CHECKI.JPG

"Remember, when travelling in groups of 30 make sure to be as low impact as you can...and for god's sakes Larry, put on your gaitors."

I thought this was an ad for the cc.com Fall Rope-a-Dope? confused.gif

i dont see any beer so it can't be! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Ducknut said to Necro: BTW, I am sure that you only eat vegan meals grown by third world liberated and empowered peasants, own clothes with no synthetic or animal origin materials, and eat your own feces so you'll have no impact on the Earth. Get off your fucking high horse.

...no, that would be Jim.

• 5 months later...