Learn to climb slab with experienced instructors

scot'teryx

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think it is cool that fat people are going outside and exercising, even if they have no fashion sense, who are they kidding? they are fat anyway, clothes wont make em suddenly good looking... exercise will.

go fatties! learn to climb, its better than TV. thumbs_up.gif

Sphinx said:

scot'teryx said:

C_RAPPEL01.JPG

Dirt Rappeling looks sweet!

Remember: rappelling is the most dangerous part of climbing! If the anchor fails, you could scrape your arm! hellno3d.gif

I find that when in town I'll rappel down stairwells and inclines, and if I can't, I have my partner belay me so I can carefullly downclimb.

Ursa_Eagle said:

I'm so glad that you all learned to rappel on a vertical or overhanging wall 1000's of feet in the air above a pool full of ill-tempered sea bass with lasers strapped to their freakin' heads... the_finger.gif

My first rappel was overhanging. You sound like a Mountaineers apologist. This shit is freaking ridiculus. If you need a course to figure out how to walk on a rock, you should stay indoors.

Necronomicon said:

Ursa_Eagle said:

I'm so glad that you all learned to rappel on a vertical or overhanging wall 1000's of feet in the air above a pool full of ill-tempered sea bass with lasers strapped to their freakin' heads... the_finger.gif

My first rappel was overhanging. You sound like a Mountaineers apologist. This shit is freaking ridiculus. If you need a course to figure out how to walk on a rock, you should stay indoors.

We all need a course to walk on a TRAIL, let alone rock. THIS SHIT IS DANGEROUS!

Ursa_Eagle said:

I learned to rappel off vertical cliffs, and out of trees... If those fucking weak asses are to sketched to walk down a dirt slope like the polypro dude or can't figure out how to scramble down easy ass slabs, then they don't belong out in the wild!!! "just my thoughts ladies and gentlemen, just what I' was feelin at the time".

If you need to learn that way, what ever... but I still think that this is a weak and senseless activity to put poor sap through just so they can go home and tell honey that they are a climber now...

maybe I'm bein a little harsh, but that just what I think...