scot'teryx

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Get a crash pad on that rock below him immediately!"

On a serious note: Just put yourself in their position. Imagine NEVER looking at rock in such a way as to climb it before. You have to teach from the very start. Just getting used to it. It could be a BIG deal for some people.

The instructor should have told her to take the gaitors off. There is no need to wear them to "get used" to them. There is no major adjustment period for them. It's like wearing a condom when your jerking off. blush.gif

catbirdseat said:

One of the instructors is wearing black and if you look closely, you'll see she is in uniform. Geek_em8.gif

I just enlarged the photo and its true, the "instructor/spotter" is in Mountaineers uniform and everyone except the "climber" is wearing gaiters, though the girl on the left is wearing her pants OVER her gaiters. wazzup.gif

Bill_Simpkins said:

On a serious note: Just put yourself in their position. Imagine NEVER looking at rock in such a way as to climb it before. You have to teach from the very start. Just getting used to it. It could be a BIG deal for some people.

Yeah, you're right, Bill. I went for a hike a couple of years ago with someone who had never done any kind of outdoor anything. We found ourselves traversing a large, fairly steep slope of late-season snow, and I had to show him how to kick platforms in the snow for his feet, and then how to plunge step coming down the steeper bits. It was a pretty non-descript hike for me, but seeing the expression on his face, watching the lights turning on inside as a whole new world opened up for him...that was pretty cool.

bigdrink.gif to those with the patience and energy it takes to teach the true beginners.

scot'teryx said:

Extreme Bouldering

Look at this Hi-Ball!

H_BOULDER08.JPG

Here is some great spotting technique

B_SLABS7.JPG

I know, I know, stop making fun of those that are less experienced, but this is way too much fun.

the_finger.gif

Now......discuss

Looks like Cris Farley in the first pic. I miss that guy.

Second pic is just wrong. If those chicks are trying to spot him, they are doing a great job, but, where is the old guy's pride? If they are casting a spell, I wonder which one?

Keep em comin scott! HILARIOUS! fruit.gif