• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

RuMR said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

minx said:

it seems like there's a lot of bitterness out there.

it's love people, you gotta keep looking for the good stuff.

LOOKING fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

I believe in magic, and I believe it can happen to me. I am willing to wait laugh.gif

magic is bs...gonna be a long wait...

there is magic in every day. look arround you. flowers bloom, children are born, people fall in love. the sun sets and rises again. butterfies fly thousands of mile in migration, as do hummingbirds.life is beautiful and full of magic.

"magic" in relationships is the bs forced down our throats by hollywood and disney cartoons. Yeah there's a great feeling when you find someone you think you are compatable with but that's not magic. It's one part chemical, one part cerebral, and one part horny physical. Once the sensation wears off it is all about whether you like the person as a person. Do you have similar goals and interests to share? Can you be comfortable living the daily routine with him/her? Are you commited to being honest about what you want, need and are willing to give to the other person? Can you trust eachother on many levels? Can you encourage and allow eachother to grow as individuals? This is where the "work" starts. Once that commitment to honesty in communication changes then the relationship is doomed if you can't find it again...you'll stop working and everything will seemed fucked up. That's my $.02

there is magic in every day. look arround you. flowers bloom, children are born, people fall in love. the sun sets and rises again. butterfies fly thousands of mile in migration, as do hummingbirds.life is beautiful and full of magic.

pollination

procreation

infatuation

Earth's rotation

bird and insect migration

is not magic.

THIS is magic: Teddy Ruxpin on stage with S&R

lv311.jpg

Dru said:

pollination

procreation

infatuation

Earth's rotation

bird and insect migration

is not magic.

THIS is magic: Teddy Ruxpin on stage with S&R

lv311.jpg

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

shit... do you know how much work it is to cast a fricking spell???? well and then you have to calculate for the rebound effect.... evils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gif

ehmmic said:

"magic" in relationships is the bs forced down our throats by hollywood and disney cartoons. Yeah there's a great feeling when you find someone you think you are compatable with but that's not magic. It's one part chemical, one part cerebral, and one part horny physical. Once the sensation wears off it is all about whether you like the person as a person. Do you have similar goals and interests to share? Can you be comfortable living the daily routine with him/her? Are you commited to being honest about what you want, need and are willing to give to the other person? Can you trust eachother on many levels? Can you encourage and allow eachother to grow as individuals? This is where the "work" starts. Once that commitment to honesty in communication changes then the relationship is doomed if you can't find it again...you'll stop working and everything will seemed fucked up. That's my $.02

Boy Howdy, did you hit the nail on the head sista. I've spent the summer frolicking with a fun gal, and now am so bored with it all I can hardly stand to see her. I'm even hiding out and not returning phone calls. Where's my balls? Tomorrow I tell her it's a sex only relationship or nothing.

trask said:

ehmmic said:

Boy Howdy, did you hit the nail on the head sista. I've spent the summer frolicking with a fun gal, and now am so bored with it all I can hardly stand to see her. I'm even hiding out and not returning phone calls. Where's my balls? Tomorrow I tell her it's a sex only relationship or nothing.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif good luck brutha!

trask said:

yellowsleep.gif I'm sick of hearing about her Trask! Just do it already!!! hahaha.gif

adventuregal said:

trask said:

yellowsleep.gif I'm sick of hearing about her Trask! Just do it already!!! hahaha.gif

Told her this morning on the phone (I'm a pussy). The deed is done. I'M SINGLE AGAIN thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Now you won't have to hear about it anymore, AdventureCrack. wave.gif Now what do you want to talk about?

trask said:

Told her this morning on the phone (I'm a pussy). The deed is done. I'M SINGLE AGAIN thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Now you won't have to hear about it anymore, AdventureCrack. wave.gif Now what do you want to talk about?

Finally Trask! The poor girl... I'm sure she is devastated... rolleyes.gif And I don't want to talk about anything! I'm going rock climbing!!! fruit.gif

Ursa_Eagle said:

According to the data presented in this thread, there's a 50% divorce rate. For the most part, people keep on talking about failed marriages, relationships, etc. Just keep in mind that half *do* work out, and don't let the pessimism get you down (mind you, I'm just a naive youngin' who has no experience with this.)

What’s missing is that the undivorced 50% aren't all living in bliss either. I'd say over 60% of them are wishing they had the balls to get divorced and find life barely tolerable (like my parents). So the success rate is under 25%.

I've had several friends of mine get married and then 3 years later tell me if they had to do it over again they would stay single. So I know there are a lot of non-divorced people out there hating life; be it because of kids, finances, religion.

Better be compatible & respect this person your attaching yourself to for "life" or its gonna suck for the rest of your "life".

Edited by mr.radon

mr.radon said:

What’s missing is that the undivorced 50% aren't all living in bliss either. I'd say over 60% of them are wishing they had the balls to get divorced and find life barley tolerable (like my parents). So the success rate is under 25%.

I've had several friends of mine get married and then 3 years later tell me if they had to do it over again they would stay single. So I know there are a lot of non-divorced people out there hating life; be it because of kids, finances, religion.

Better be compatible & respect this person your attaching yourself to for "life" or its gonna suck for the rest of your "life".

LALALALALA... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! yellowsleep.gif So much pessimism here. I know I am probably young and ignorant... but till I experience differently I am going to continue to believe that if you find the right person, marriage can and will be a wonderful thing... fruit.gif

i agree. i think that people jsut dont have the desire to make it work and shit. i think that isnce the idea of divorce is not as taboo, it is more of an option and couples are not forced to wrok through their problems. i fully plan on being a person who is happiest at 65 when my wife and i have figured how to enjoy each other's company and bee 100% bliss-full. people do it, so it is possible. i just think ya gotta find the right person and wrok your ass off, but i, too am jsut a snotty-nosed brat. grin.gif

adventuregal said:

LALALALALA... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! So much pessimism here. I know I am probably young and ignorant... but till I experience differently I am going to continue to believe that if you find the right person, marriage can and will be a wonderful thing...

I was once young & dumb too. But you can’t really avoid the facts.

I sincerely hope JoshK has a wonderful marriage and beats the odds. thumbs_up.gif

I also hope adventuregal gets her wish too. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

However, I was reading that the divorce rate is dirrectly linked to how old the WOMAN is at the time of the marrage. The younger the woman the less stable the marrage. So if you do decide to tie the knot adventuregal, be sure your done adventuring smileysex5.gif

So if you do decide to tie the knot adventuregal, be sure your done adventuring

prolly sound advice. i read a statistic that while about 50% break up. people who abstain form sexual intimacy before marriage, have more than 90% chance of staying together. i wonder if there is truth to this.

babnik said:

So if you do decide to tie the knot adventuregal, be sure your done adventuring

prolly sound advice. i read a statistic that while about 50% break up. people who abstain form sexual intimacy before marriage, have more than 90% chance of staying together. i wonder if there is truth to this.

Babnik, where are you getting the stats from? This may be way off base and a complete generalization, but... it seems like the majority of people these days who abstain from premarital sex are usually the devoutly religious type. These are also the type of people who would tend to stay in an unhappy marriage so as not to be disgraced or sin, etc... Hence the much lower divorce rate. Just a thought. wave.gif

yeah that is why i tossed in he disclaimer at the end. i though of that right away, but i know that unlike the catholic church, divorces in the protestant tradition are getting exponentially easier to get. so i am wondering if there is any advantage. that and i am trying to justify my virginity hahaha.gifyellaf.gif

mr.radon said:

adventuregal said:

LALALALALA... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! So much pessimism here. I know I am probably young and ignorant... but till I experience differently I am going to continue to believe that if you find the right person, marriage can and will be a wonderful thing...

I was once young & dumb too. But you can’t really avoid the facts.

I sincerely hope JoshK has a wonderful marriage and beats the odds. thumbs_up.gif

I also hope adventuregal gets her wish too. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

However, I was reading that the divorce rate is dirrectly linked to how old the WOMAN is at the time of the marrage. The younger the woman the less stable the marrage. So if you do decide to tie the knot adventuregal, be sure your done adventuring smileysex5.gif

Now you're old and dumb! yellaf.gif

Just kidding Mr. Radon...good weekend? wave.gif