Labor day TR: 0 climbs, 1 fiance

JoshK

erik said:

I STILL DONT SEE YOUR POINTS. OF COURSE PEOPLE DONT LIVE IN A VACCUM. BUT WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MARRIAGE? IF YOU MARRY SOME ONE YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO FOLLOW SOME MET OF RULES. ANY RULES WOULD BE SET BY BOTH PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE MARRIAGE. SO THOSE ARE SELF CREATED AND IMPOSED. CAN YOU CALL THEM RULES? I DONT THINK SO.

DONT BE SO JADED.

If you haven't been married shut the fuck up. You don't know shit.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trask said:

erik said:

I STILL DONT SEE YOUR POINTS. OF COURSE PEOPLE DONT LIVE IN A VACCUM. BUT WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MARRIAGE? IF YOU MARRY SOME ONE YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO FOLLOW SOME MET OF RULES. ANY RULES WOULD BE SET BY BOTH PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE MARRIAGE. SO THOSE ARE SELF CREATED AND IMPOSED. CAN YOU CALL THEM RULES? I DONT THINK SO.

DONT BE SO JADED.

If you haven't been married shut the fuck up. You don't know shit.

trask, trask, trask, *sigh*

quit being so jaded and bitter.

mostly, i think erik is a bit on the pleasantly naive side but on this i think he has a point. the two people in any relationship define the standards of the relationship. what holds two people in one marriage wouldn't be applicable for another couple. why view every relationship out there as a carbon copy???

trask said:

I have allowed someone to hang out with me all summer and it's a bitch to slow it down now that I'm bored with her. My advice is to stay single and quite aloof. Relationships are for the weak.

I would have to disagree with you on that one, Trask - in fact, I would say the opposite is true: You have to be strong to stay the distance in a relationship, it is weak to just bail out when you get tired of a person.

Relationships make you stronger by acting as a mirror to yourself.

My $.02

erik said:

DONT BE SO JADED.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifokay wink.gif

MisterE said:

trask said:

I have allowed someone to hang out with me all summer and it's a bitch to slow it down now that I'm bored with her. My advice is to stay single and quite aloof. Relationships are for the weak.

I would have to disagree with you on that one, Trask - in fact, I would say the opposite is true: You have to be strong to stay the distance in a relationship, it is weak to just bail out when you get tired of a person.

Relationships make you stronger by acting as a mirror to yourself.

My $.02

whatever, I'm goin back to single

b-rock said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

b-rock said:

yellaf.gif Or have a good honest relationship before you decide to get married.... yellaf.gif

you haven't been married have you? tongue.gif

uh, no, but by the time I ever do I think we'd have a pretty good idea about out "goals, expectations, loves, likes, dislikes, etc". yellaf.gif

Good luck with Cinderella big guy. yelrotflmao.gif

Women get married thinking they can change the man. Men get married thinking their women won't change.

The rest is in Trask's little chart. bigdrink.gif

erik said:

lummox said:

erik said:

have not been married . . .

so he be ignorant. the 'sumbitch' part is for other reasons. the_finger.gif

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

perhaps you are diffrent and special and wont be touched by what others have seen that too is possible. otherwise, this lesson you can only learn the hard way.

erik said:

SOUNDZ LIKE ALL YOU LOSERS ARE HANING WITH SUCKY CHICKS.

SUX TO BE YOU!

YOU KNOW YOU MIGHT CONSIDER LOOKING OUTSIDE OF SEATTLE.

I hope you do find real true love erik. the kind that can last a life time.

That is a fantasy..."real love" is a ton of work...day in and day out w/ constant compromise...but its worth it, in my opinion...

We had such a rough spot about 4 1/2 years ago, i thought it was splitzville and we were gonna be another statistic, nothing seemed right...so far, we've gotten through that...but as trask's little chart pointed out, nothing seems to be written in stone(or rock)...

minx said:

it seems like there's a lot of bitterness out there.

it's love people, you gotta keep looking for the good stuff.

LOOKING fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

I believe in magic, and I believe it can happen to me. I am willing to wait laugh.gif

magic is bs...gonna be a long wait...

minx said:

lummox said:

erik said:

have not been married(obviously) but i think that statement means nothing. marriage is between two people, there is no doctrine telling how to do it. so the wrong part of marriage is the two people and how they react to each other. what is wrong with marriage?

ignorant sumbitch.

i'm devoted to being unmarried, that does not necessarily mean single. BUT what is wrong with what erik said? i don't need a piece of paper and a ceremony but some people like that stuff.

here is what is wrong with what erik said: "two people"

your monogamist chauvinism is oppressing me! madgo_ron.gif

Dru said:

minx said:

lummox said:

erik said:

have not been married(obviously) but i think that statement means nothing. marriage is between two people, there is no doctrine telling how to do it. so the wrong part of marriage is the two people and how they react to each other. what is wrong with marriage?

ignorant sumbitch.

i'm devoted to being unmarried, that does not necessarily mean single. BUT what is wrong with what erik said? i don't need a piece of paper and a ceremony but some people like that stuff.

here is what is wrong with what erik said: "two people"

your monogamist chauvinism is oppressing me! madgo_ron.gif

dru- it's ok, i'm sure erik is trying to oppress those that can't get laid. he's just talking about those who can

RuMR said:

minx said:

it seems like there's a lot of bitterness out there.

it's love people, you gotta keep looking for the good stuff.

LOOKING fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

I believe in magic, and I believe it can happen to me. I am willing to wait laugh.gif

magic is bs...gonna be a long wait...

there is magic in every day. look arround you. flowers bloom, children are born, people fall in love. the sun sets and rises again. butterfies fly thousands of mile in migration, as do hummingbirds.life is beautiful and full of magic.

if you are hoping "magic" will hold something together, i think you have your wording mixed up...i'd substitute "work" for magic! yellaf.gif

That being said, my family is the most fulfilling thing that's happened to me...even though i'm a selfish prick that climbs too much...

maybe that's the "magic"?