Labor day TR: 0 climbs, 1 fiance

JoshK

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg_W said:

JoshK said:

The coolest thing is completely out of the blue she asked me the other day if I would take her up and show her the outdoors and climbing.

Watch for the 'bait and switch', bro. I don't know how old you are, but if you're under 25 you're fucking up; if not, well, you are an adult.

People tell me you're a big asshole, so she must be a saint (or headed for it) or being punished by God or something. Poor girl.

Dude!

I agree with G_dub

If your under 25, big mistake. They should make it a law that you can not get married until your 25. thumbs_up.gif

I think people are still fucking up at that age.

Oh well, best of luck to you, you'll need it. thumbs_up.gif

Wow. I am impressed by the venom. Sad sad sad. Thank gawd my dude and I are on the same level 'cause I'd sure hate to be dating climbers these days. Trask, just tell her what you told us: I JUST WANT TO BE FOREVER SINGLE AND FUCK AROUND. Bon chance.

Nice job JoshK! Congrats and best wishes to you both! Don't let the spew get you down... there are plenty of happy unions out there.

ncascademtns said:

Dude!

I agree with G_dub

If your under 25, big mistake. They should make it a law that you can not get married until your 25. thumbs_up.gif

I think people are still fucking up at that age.

Oh well, best of luck to you, you'll need it. thumbs_up.gif

Being over 25 didn't help me from not making a big mistake. How many women do you know that have to pay alimony and child support? hellno3d.gif I got majorly screwed.

Well, at least I have an awesome son!! smile.gif

I hope things work out better for you. thumbs_up.gif

Here is one legitimate piece of good advice. Go to a pre-marriage counselor and have a compatability test carefully done. You can get this done by most competent counselors or through most churches. The Catholic services will do it wether you are Catholic or not. It is not some heavy phsyco drama thing that you have to lie on a couch for. You just fill out several pages of questions about your goals, expectations, loves, likes, dislikes, etc. Then a trained counselor reviews the results with you. Even if it points to some potential problems, at least you two will not get blindsided by quite as much. It is the surprises that will get you.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

b-rock said:

yellaf.gif Or have a good honest relationship before you decide to get married.... yellaf.gif

you haven't been married have you? tongue.gif

uh, no, but by the time I ever do I think we'd have a pretty good idea about out "goals, expectations, loves, likes, dislikes, etc". yellaf.gif

b-rock said:

b-rock said:

yellaf.gif Or have a good honest relationship before you decide to get married.... yellaf.gif

you haven't been married have you? tongue.gif

uh, no, but by the time I ever do I think we'd have a pretty good idea about out "goals, expectations, loves, likes, dislikes, etc". yellaf.gif

okwy we'll talk after you've been in a realtionship for more than 10 years wink.gif IMHO: marrige changes things. I think there is something fundementaly wrong with the institution of of marrige.

I think there is something fundementaly wrong with the institution of of marrige.

have not been married(obviously) but i think that statement means nothing. marriage is between two people, there is no doctrine telling how to do it. so the wrong part of marriage is the two people and how they react to each other. what is wrong with marriage?

erik said:

have not been married(obviously) but i think that statement means nothing. marriage is between two people, there is no doctrine telling how to do it. so the wrong part of marriage is the two people and how they react to each other. what is wrong with marriage?

ignorant sumbitch.

lummox said:

erik said:

ignorant sumbitch.

i'm devoted to being unmarried, that does not necessarily mean single. BUT what is wrong with what erik said? i don't need a piece of paper and a ceremony but some people like that stuff.

erik said:

I think there is something fundementaly wrong with the institution of of marrige.

I wish that was true. but no person lives in a vacume. this is just my oppinion. I am not saying it is truth. just true for me right now. when you buy into a beliefe system you get all the garbage that goes with it

minx said:

lummox said:

erik said:

ignorant sumbitch.

i'm devoted to being unmarried, that does not necessarily mean single. BUT what is wrong with what erik said? i don't need a piece of paper and a ceremony but some people like that stuff.

you said it better minx.. thanx wink.gif

I STILL DONT SEE YOUR POINTS. OF COURSE PEOPLE DONT LIVE IN A VACCUM. BUT WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH MARRIAGE? IF YOU MARRY SOME ONE YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO FOLLOW SOME MET OF RULES. ANY RULES WOULD BE SET BY BOTH PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE MARRIAGE. SO THOSE ARE SELF CREATED AND IMPOSED. CAN YOU CALL THEM RULES? I DONT THINK SO.

DONT BE SO JADED.