soapbox time

gapertimmy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy

This happened at another site that I frequent (no, I didn't do it there or here). The operators were able to get the IP address and ban it and also I believe that they got to the ISP also. I think the ISP booted the creep too.

Nevertheless, I understand that it can be scary to be on the receiving end of this kind of abuse. The police and FBI have ways of tracking this stuff, call them. Don't put up with that kinda crap, they win if you feel threatened.

CC.com rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif and all the daily posters, gapers and lurkers bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif you, jon and everyone else who brings us our daily dose of climbing and relief from our jobs.

gapertimmy said:

jkrueger said:

There is no good without evil. CC.com is a catalyst for both.

ain't that the truth

but remember, there is always love to be found in the alpine environs:

3113trask-med.jpg

The death threats are waaaaaay over the line....You guys have given me hours of entertainment, Thanks for all you do!

btw, is that a sheep with handlebars?

It's sad that some people take this stuff way too seriously (enough so to threaten your very well-being.) I'd say call the cops if it's appropriate, shrug it off if it's not (although it sounds like this isn't something to just shrug off), and keep on climbing! This person certainly doesn't speak for the rest of us here... I think I speak for the majority of the board when I say:

Jon and Timm@y rockband.gif! thumbs_up.gif

I just talked to a Redmond Police Officer and explained to him what was going on. He said if I have emails showing that someone is threatening my life and I feel threatened by it, this person can be charged with a felony, and the penalty gets more severe by the number of people threatened.

I haven't been a member that long, but I've also met great people through this site and it's been a great source of entertainment, knowledge, humility, laughs and yes, sometimes even compassion. I owe Tim and Jon a huge debt of gratitude for reasons that are way too sappy to go into here. I just put my money where my mouth is though. T&J, don't let the bastard(s) get you down. This site is extremely well done and you guys should be proud! I look forward to meeting you Timmy sometime when I'm in Bend this winter, it'd be an honor to make a few turns with you. Keep up the good work! wave.gif

This site and the community it fosters is way cool. Quite often I'll meet people in the mountains or the crags and they'll ask if I'm on cc.com - it happened just this weekend, met a guy at Eightmile and he asked me if I'm on cc.com. When that happens its more than just an icebreaker, its community. And I know a lot about that because I attempt it in my own little climbing circle. I'm not nearly as successful as the creators of cc.com.

Big thumbs_up.gif to Jon and Timmy. bigdrink.gif

I received a threatening email from Adamson too. Still have it too.

Its sad that people feel the need to threaten each other over email but equally frightening. There was a huge uproar over in rec.skiing.alpine a few years ago that involved death threats, work threats, the police and I think eventual jail time. I recall that it all went down in Seattle.

Jon and Timmay are my heros and keep me sane at work. God save cc.com!

I've got my threats from Mike Adamson too, dating back a couple of years. These emails constitute the only sorry and squalid memories I've got from 6 years of wonderful adventures making friends and expanding my limits. There was an incident with tequila one time, and although it was squalid, I'm still not sorry about it.

Jon, Tim, thank you for this site, which I love more than I should. :-)

Like many of you I have really, REALLY enjoyed this site. Now that I live on the other coast it is a great place to go when I find myself missing all the clouds and drizzle while I put on more sunscreen......did I say miss, what I meant to say was dimly remembered...............

Few people seem to want to mention names but I have also recieved violent e-mails from this person (IF it is who has been mentioned) I have pissed a few people off here, who hasn't? But these were definately over the line. I did not save any of them but if they linger on in some deep, dark cc.com archive, then they could be useful if this were to take a legal spin?...?....?

Jon and Timmy rock and I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say if you need assistance, all you need to do is ask.

Peace,

John

jon said:

I just talked to a Redmond Police Officer and explained to him what was going on. He said if I have emails showing that someone is threatening my life and I feel threatened by it, this person can be charged with a felony, and the penalty gets more severe by the number of people threatened.

personally im fuckin amazed you dint know that already. it be called 'assault'. theers been a bunch of people whos got popped for doing just the kina chit you been gettin.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

bunglehead said:

That blows Timmy. I would have your back in a nanosecond. This site keeps me sane sometimes.

thats what I've been trying to say. JON AND TIM rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif

DITTO!!! Timmy and Jon are da best! wave.gif There's way more positive(however vulgar yellaf.gif) than negative stuff on this site which is totally great and keeps people coming back... You negative people and death-threat makers go find yer own place! tongue.gif