Best floyd album and song

layton

After much much much debate, I must concede that THE WALL is the all time most kick ass album ever fucking made. IT was hard since Dark side, WYWH, Animals, The Final Cut, and Meddle all get 5 stars too.

BUT! If Pro and Cons of Hitchiking were a Floyd album then that would win hands down, but it's not.

Best song. Wish you were here-only problem, not enough lyrics.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros and Cons of hitchiking is a Roger Waters solo album with Eric Clapton on guitar. It is the MOST depressing album of all time, but it's hauntingly beautiful. The actual song "Pros and Cons of Hitchiking" almost ruins the album, however. It's quite similar to the final cut, but much more bipolar. thumbs_up.gif

michael_layton said:

After much much much debate, I must concede that THE WALL is the all time most kick ass album ever fucking made. IT was hard since Dark side, WYWH, Animals, The Final Cut, and Meddle all get 5 stars too.

BUT! If Pro and Cons of Hitchiking were a Floyd album then that would win hands down, but it's not.

Best song. Wish you were here-only problem, not enough lyrics.

thumbs_up.gif it's a good one wink.gif

I saw them in Chicago and Detroit back in my hippy drug days...mind blowing. I didn't get to see Roger Waters play with them or on his last solo tour. That would've been sweet.

"You say the hills to steep to climb? Climbing. You say you'd like to see me try. Climbing. You pick the place and I'll chose the time."

Edited by michael_layton

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

iain said:

Sphinx said:

Anna said:

Bloodhound Gang. Eminem. Korn. Evanescence. Seether. Audioslave. Trapt. Disturbed.

GENERIC FRAT ROCK thumbs_down.gif

Dru, it was the bangles

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Look at this. Anna did not say what I said, I did not say what Iain said, and Iain didn't say what you said. smileysex5.gif

Best album..that's a hard decision: Meddle or Dark Side or Final Cut

Best song...another hard one: Echoes off of the Meddle CD

Least favourite: anything they did with Sid Barrett

Best solo: Roger Waters Pros and Cons. The title song is the worst song of the album but the rest is awesome. I wouldn't say it's depressing...just intense...the whole story is a dream.

I wrote a 3 page essay on the meaning of the Final Cut...full of lyrics to back up my statements...all in an hour and a half in-class essay assignment. The teacher was floored, gave me an A+...I think it was the memory recall I had of the lyrics of the album. It was the only A I received in a college english class grin.gif