Zeke's

Norsky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

subjective

a logging company

i dont boulder enough to want to hike, but the rumors are of better then squamish quality rock.

have you tried to the place further east? good times, but the area is being overly developed.

erik said:

subjective

a logging company

i dont boulder enough to want to hike, but the rumors are of better then squamish quality rock.

have you tried to the place further east? good times, but the area is being overly developed.

whoa whoa whoa erik, no where near better than squmaish!!! hike is 30sec or 20mins depending on how far you want to explore. I've been up there quite a bit developing, its good, and there is potential, but there is a lot that needs to be done before it can be really popular

logging is done

Distel32 said:

erik said:

subjective

a logging company

whoa whoa whoa erik, no where near better than squmaish!!! hike is 30sec or 20mins depending on how far you want to explore. I've been up there quite a bit developing, its good, and there is potential, but there is a lot that needs to be done before it can be really popular

logging is done

thumbs_up.gif

tho distel what does it need to be popular? and why should it be popular?

very close to seattle, only an hour, and trails need to be developed before lots of people start going. There are sort of two trails but more need to be made or poeple will get hurt walking through the clear cut mess and less vegetation trample. More boulders need to be cleaned. Jason Duckowitz has put up some dope hard shit! 3-4 of his problems haven't been repeated. Like squamish though most of the landings are bad and require usualy at least 3 pads, especially up in the talus. Be discrete about telling people about it, should be more developed before all of seattle goes up there.

Distel32 said:

very close to seattle, only an hour, and trails need to be developed before lots of people start going. There are sort of two trails but more need to be made or poeple will get hurt walking through the clear cut mess and less vegetation trample. More boulders need to be cleaned. Jason Duckowitz has put up some dope hard shit! 3-4 of his problems haven't been repeated. Like squamish though most of the landings are bad and require usualy at least 3 pads, especially up in the talus. Be discrete about telling people about it, should be more developed before all of seattle goes up there.

too late dog! already on the .com!!!

yellaf.gif

and i am going up there now and "developing" the rest of the contrivences! and make my own guidebook!

hahaha.gif

erik said:

subjective

a logging company

Are you talking about Leavenworth? Yes, I have been there lots and I like it.

I think I'll just drive as far as I can in my SUV and explore with a few pads and a buddy.

distel

your good intentions lost my point

there sould be no good book. and i really dont care who put up any "problem" as my vision for it maybe totally different then the 1st or 50th persons. bouldering should not be about who did what and how hard it is, it should be about testing your personall ability and to judge it against others seems to remove a compoenent of enjoyment.

i sure hope you are not using tick marks and shit.

I believe the gate is now unlocked and you can drive almost to the cliff. I do not know if the area is "offically" open again but it is seeing a lot of activity. The cliff itself is huge but the rock is not as nice as the Town Walls. There are lots of boulders in the area tho. I haven't been there since the logging but I hear it rocks!

erik said:

reiter road

park

hike

i think peoples were supposed to wait until the the logging was complete, but it sounds like people have been already going up there.

One more thing. Is this the road that goes by lower town wall? If not, where do I turn off 2? Thanks for all the info!!!

erik said:

i sure hope you are not using tick marks and shit.

What's the big deal with tick marks there? I can see if the boulders were around Green Lake or somethin but why do they matter at Zeke's? I'm not much of a boulderer, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Do they really help that much?

When doing routes, I often tick micro edges or depressions from a good stance so when I look down I can quickly place my foot where it needs to go and move through. Is this the same thing? Seems trivial to me.

bigdrink.gif

I'd like to jump in and talk shit and try to ruin this thread if I might.

The entire concept of a "First ascent" for boulder problems is just stupid. It doesn't make sense the way it does on an actually climbing goal. I am going to start using a ladder to ascend little boulders and claiming first ascents of shit. If somebody boulders up it later they can merely claim the first free ascent! hahaha.gif

JoshK said:

The entire concept of a "First ascent" for boulder problems is just stupid. It doesn't make sense the way it does on an actually climbing goal. I am going to start using a ladder to ascend little boulders and claiming first ascents of shit. If somebody boulders up it later they can merely claim the first free ascent! hahaha.gif

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif are you kidding me?? Do you not realize that bouldering has become almost as or maybe just as popular as all other forms of climbing?? Sorry dude but I just can't respect your quote above, just plain absurd.

Tick marks are ugly!!! If you can't see the holds with your eyes then put a very very small makr and brush it off the damn rock when you're done. It makes boulders look like the gym when they have ticks all over. No these dues are not vandals, just stupid and inconsiderate people. We've brushed them off repeatedly but the people don't get it.

Go Left on Reiter road off Hwy2 norsky.

JoshK said:

Realizing that you are probably playing devil's advocate, i'm gonna call you on this...You are an idiot... boxing_smiley.gif

RuMR said:

Realizing that you are probably playing devil's advocate, i'm gonna call you on this...You are an idiot... boxing_smiley.gif

Thanks rumr thumbs_up.gifwave.gif

JoshK- climbing is climbing, is it that hard to be supportive? Everyone on this site knows I'm not really much of a trad climber, not even a sport climber, and barely a boulderer, but I don't rag on any other facet of climbing. One of the best things about our sport is that it has always been supportive and for the most part a very good social sport. Bringing other people down doesn't really do much good for anybody. I love hearing about people doing hard trad shit! wether it be someone doing their first .10 or dean doing another .13, its awesome to see people improve. Sorry for the rant, but its one thing to be shit talkin' in spray, but climbing is supposed to be a supportive sport. Geek_em8.gifwave.gif

Climbers have been raggin on each other for as long as I can remember and even before. It probably has something to do with egos but who am I to say. When I started white water kayaking around here I was really impressed with how social other boaters were. It was very different from groups of climbers I had run into in the US. wazzup.gif

I'm glad to see Zeke's getting some attention. There are some good lines up there.

Don't let the negativity bring you down. Truth be told Distel most of the "Alpine"climbing on this site is hard to distinguish from hiking. But still, TRs like Jayb's adventure on Glacier are great to read about because you can get a sense of the spirit of the trip. The same spirit can exist in a 15' boulder ascent, Erden's trip to the north, a Rockies north wall or a Yosemite Big Wall.

PP bigdrink.gif