What's up with Baby Jesus?

erik

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus was a Nazi????

jesus was the first hippy... when one of the apostles cut off the ear of the people arresting jesus... he said "hey man! everyone chill!" and he took the ear and gave it back and said "here brother, peace" pascifist, partying uber cool hippie... thumbs_up.gif too bad 99.9999 % of his followers he would be disguisted with! wazzup.gif

RobBob said:

several of you have only further reserved your seating in Hell here...

All my friends will be there! Thanks for the confirmation, though.

My problem with religion is that I don't need outdated mythology to tell me how to live my life. Fuck off, God!

erik said:

how many jews have blue eyes and blonde hair? and if he was in exile does that make his parent criminals? and what of the visions he had? was he a drug addict? and why if god is so powerful and pious that he expects his true worshipers to whorship him? and why do people believe in a fictional book? and why do churches require you to pay them to let you pray?

Eric.....I understand that you are a smart and talented guy in many ways, but your constant references to "baby Jesus" really aren't that cute...in fact, it's offensive to a lot of people and your accompanying comments are a demonstration of your profound lack of knowledge in the subject.

Are there blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jews? Plenty of them. Go to Israel and you'll see many who would physically qualify as Aryan poster boys and girls. Did Jesus look like that? Who really cares? One can only speculate. You can paint his picture black, tanned, white or anything else you like, it's his teachings that are important. Although they differ in their interpretation as to who he might be, I think that both Jews and Christians would agree that Jesus was a good guy, despite some of the bad stuff his followers have done in his name.

You can call the Bible a piece of "fiction" if you like, but there is a lot of real history in there apart from theology. Few historians would doubt that there was a revolutionary rabbi named Jesus ("Yeshua" in Hebrew) preaching in Palestine under Roman occupation in the first century A.D. (In fact, we can call it "the first century A.D. due to the birth of baby Jesus.)

This whole topic leads to the old, old question......what does this have to do with anything related to climbing??

["Dude! It's SPRAY, man! Anything goes!"] rolleyes.gif

shalom, Dwayner

trask said:

For some, the Bible and Jesus mean nothing. Fancy that.

that is dificult to believe if you live in this country. true it may mean nothing to you spiritually, but it should in terms of the history of this country... it gives context to the history of this country. how can you know about the cultures in middles east without knowledge of koran? if nothing more, it should be a key to the past of your ancestors and your country...

EXACTLY TRASK

why should i car about your belief systems? with no evidence that god, jesus, allah, bhudda or any other deity exists or is a factor in my life it seems quite pointless. and for you to think that i am a lessor person for not beliving in your "religon" is against jesus's principles. cause i dont think any of you are god and so passing judgement on my belief or lack there of, is a sin.

kewl that you care about it and i guess it is admirable to some whom enjoy it to have a vast knowledge of orgainzed religon. but to me it is pointless and i will mock it at will, i will enjoy my views on life and not attempt to push them on others as the rightous way.

so baby jesus can HCL.gif or rockband.gif or smileysex5.gif or bigdrink.gif or fruit.gif for all i care! i am still going to laugh!

Geek_em8.gif

erik said:

EXACTLY TRASK

why should i car about your belief systems? with no evidence that god, jesus, allah, bhudda or any other deity exists or is a factor in my life it seems quite pointless. and for you to think that i am a lessor person for not beliving in your "religon" is against jesus's principles. cause i dont think any of you are god and so passing judgement on my belief or lack there of, is a sin.

kewl that you care about it and i guess it is admirable to some whom enjoy it to have a vast knowledge of orgainzed religon. but to me it is pointless and i will mock it at will, i will enjoy my views on life and not attempt to push them on others as the rightous way.

so baby jesus can HCL.gif or rockband.gif or smileysex5.gif or bigdrink.gif or fruit.gif for all i care! i am still going to laugh!

Geek_em8.gif

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif hOLY SHIT ERIK AND i AGREE ON SOMETHING shocked.gifwink.gif

Dwayner said:

Off_White said:

Erik, baby jesus wants to have your baby. Please refer to the "marriage" thread.

Off....I thought you were more mature than that.

- Dwayner

Jesus fuck, Dwayner, I was responding to Erik's original post, not some eggheaded discussion of mythology. Use the threaded view sometime for ChrisT's sake. (heheh, that was a joke for the thick amongst you). If ya'll wanna get off on some discussion about the bible, I'd give the same weight to Beowulf or Catcher In The Rye. I'm the atheist, remember? I'd just as soon stuff all your gods in the rancid depths of the Joshua Tree ammoniacal chemical toilets as drop to my knees and fellate someone's concept of holy.

Immature enough for you? yellaf.gif Mature=old=ossification, never my goal in life. The only life, if you ask me, I see the future and its nothing but maggots and weevils for thee and me.

Dwayner said:

Eric.....I understand that you are a smart and talented guy in many ways, but your constant references to "baby Jesus" really aren't that cute...in fact, it's offensive to a lot of people and your accompanying comments are a demonstration of your profound lack of knowledge in the subject.

Are there blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jews? Plenty of them. Go to Israel and you'll see many who would physically qualify as Aryan poster boys and girls. Did Jesus look like that? Who really cares? One can only speculate. You can paint his picture black, tanned, white or anything else you like, it's his teachings that are important. Although they differ in their interpretation as to who he might be, I think that both Jews and Christians would agree that Jesus was a good guy, despite some of the bad stuff his followers have done in his name.

You can call the Bible a piece of "fiction" if you like, but there is a lot of real history in there apart from theology. Few historians would doubt that there was a revolutionary rabbi named Jesus ("Yeshua" in Hebrew) preaching in Palestine under Roman occupation in the first century A.D. (In fact, we can call it "the first century A.D. due to the birth of baby Jesus.)

This whole topic leads to the old, old question......what does this have to do with anything related to climbing??

["Dude! It's SPRAY, man! Anything goes!"] rolleyes.gif

shalom, Dwayner

Dwayner, Most of the blonde haired blue eyed Aryan looking Jews in Israel are from Europe .

Ashkenazis and Sephardic Jews, really two different "bloodlines" from the diaspora.

You probl'y know that though.

thumbs_up.gif