So who's with me on being a climbing bum this summer?

rodeo

A few thoughts on this 3 page post:1) If you have a chance to take a roadtrip and don't take it you are not a climber. You are an REI buyin, pataguchi kid lookin to impress the girlies but without the true cohones to live the life.

2) There are few female posters here because of the raucous behavior we have seen exhibited on this topic. The truth is we would all be wanting to jump in your harness if we knew you were a little 5.12 crack climbing hottie. In other words ignore our dumbass comments (unless of course your looking for a 20-30 something year old, mediocre climbing, Old English swig'in guys seething with testosterone).

3)Yo rocks and I'll see you all there!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by alicia:
You were all beginners once. You had people haul yer ass up a mountain until you figured it out. What's the deal?

No I never had someone haul my ass up a mountain as a beginner. I learned by staying on comfortable climbs and learning and reading. I figured out shit by doing it. They guy I learned with was a newbie just like I am.

I learned how to place pro by leading cracks.

The only thing I resent is your approach.........

I like torturing new climbers by spending whole days climbing chimneys and offwidths.

The more you bleed the more fun I'm having. grin.gif" border="0

On a more serious note (not that there isn't some truth to what I said above)

When I first started climbing on my own I was climbing with a friend who was also a total rookie. We made mistakes, but we both had a good time.

Now that I have more experience I enjoy occasionally climbing with newbies, but I would loose it if I went on the road for three months with any male or female who expected me to lead everything and pay most of the bills.

Good luck Alicia, but try and find a partner who is at about at your ability level. It will work out better.

And if you want to go to Index for a day I know some good ow's grin.gif" border="0