So who's with me on being a climbing bum this summer?

rodeo

Ah, but have we forgotten the promised land of the East Side of the Sierras? Easy to find free camping, easy access to Tuolumne Meadows (why swelter in the Valley when TM is 75 degrees and has fewer Tourons?), not to mention a pile of awesome bouldering, and sport climbing if you feel like it. Heck, there's even a bunch of epic long alpine routes. Then again, I might be biased... [chubit]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Cobra, from the Lodge store. Ever notice they only sell the malt at that store- not at the villages? Ahhh, the clank of bear boxes, the sounds of 10 different languages spraying from all directions. The gunfire from wildlife (mis)management, the honeys working in curry village- being harrassed by chongo, seeing "Heavy Duty" with a can of OE in is hand. Can't wait to get back!

No dude, not beer...Malt Liqour, drink six of each and you'll have no problems telling the difference. King Cobra or OE tallboys for $0.65. OE has more bang at close to 8%, but the Cobra, at around 6%, is more palatable to this bum. The best hook-up though is to cozy up to some female euro touristas, they always have a bottle of wine, campsite, etc.

I'm thinking seriously about spending May in the valley, but I'd rather be on the east side alpine. Snow's probably still around then, but Charlotte Dome was totally bare two years ago in May when I was there. Hmmm. Three week ski traverse or alpine vacation in the sun. Tough call. cool.gif" border="0

ehmmic:

Have fun in Thailand, I just got back a couple months ago from TonSai Beach! Major fun climbing scene over there. Everything's bolted and there are some incredible routes! If you want to be a bum, go there. It's incredible and Thailand is about the cheapest place to lay low. You have to try and spend money there!

Hey Rodeo and all-

New to this site, new to climbing. I'm planning on hitting the road from May-Aug. Like to do a traveling/climbing/hiking/roadtrip bonanza. Looking for other climbers who are: A)better than me, B) have gear, gas $. I have a harness, shoes, bag, and kick-ass RELIABLE Trooper.

I want to start climbing with people over the next couple months, get to know 'em, etc. before hitting the road. Like to go to Bend, Yosemite, maybe the Tetons, Banff. Wherever, as long as it's gorgeous and sunny. More of a cider girl myself, though. wink.gif" border="0

Good to hear feedback on places to visit!

quote:

Originally posted by alicia:
New to this site, new to climbing. Looking for other climbers who are: A)better than me, B) have gear, gas $. I have a harness, shoes, bag, and kick-ass RELIABLE Trooper.

Hmm, their ropes, their gear, their experience. Sounds like you're looking for a guide Alicia andmost guides I know definitely ain't paying for your gas if they're guiding you for free.

As for the Tetons, mid August through about Sept 10 or so is your best bet for rock routes. All the snow that is going to melt off has done so, the crowds have thinned, and the summer afternoon thunderstorms have abated for the most part (you'll still probably want to be down by 2pm or earlier).

Check it out.. Now I be knockin bitches like it ain't shit Cause I'ma playa motherfucker named DJ Quik Yo, maybe it's the way, I hold my dick that makes all the girlies wanna ride my tip But some of these bitches try to act unfair (why?) Maybe its becuase my hair is longer than theirs But I don't give a fuck, no I don't care Because I'm like Noah's Ark - my bitches come in pairs You see I'm 5'11", my dick is size seven and if a hooker's fine I can stretch you a nine It goes deep (how deep?) All up in that shit I'll fuck a pussy dry cuz I don't know how to quit I'm 19 (say what?) so I'm a young ass man My eyes are brown and my skin is tan So pull them cotton-ass panties right down to ya knees if you wanna take part in a proper-ass skeez I'm more than a playa (word?) I'm more like a pimp (yeah!) I love black pussy but I sure won't simp I got the bitches on my jock like an airplane wing and only way for me to get 'em off I have to sing I say, "Oooh hoe, don't jock me so, never-ever-ever wanna let me go, once I whip this dick on you!" Heyyy, check it out I say, "Oooh hoe, don't call me no mo', how in the fuck can I let you know, that I'm a motherfuckin troop!" (Aww yeah, worrrd 'em up!) Now that oughta tell ya right then and there that I'm a true motherfucker so ya better beware Cuz when we huggin and kissin, and ya wanna get mushy Girl ya best be prepared to fuck because I love black pussy! I can't help it cause I love black pussy.. I got to have it, just like a rabbit - black pussy.. Black pussy.. what kind? {*Quik scratches "Sweet, sweet, sweet.. sweet"*} [DJ Quik] Yeah.. and I'm takin all the money from these funky hoes that I be breakin If you say that there's another Quik then you're mistaken I amm not a coward and you'll never see me shakin Never breakin lots of money that I'm makin If you double-cross me then I'll be your undertaker I will never be-friend you because you are a steaker Open up your mouth if you want some beefsteak-ah If you suck it long enough you'll taste a milkshake-uh Lyrics I am hummin, when they see me comin Suckers they... aww shit, hold up man {*needle drags across the record*} This the wrong motherfuckin page and shit Aww shit, I need to start on the.. Oh okay, here we go: {*music kicks back in*} Black pussy! Always talkin bout it cuz I love it Women get grown up just as soon as they let me rub it And in a week's span, my homey Freak-Man sinks into so much pussy we should call him Quik-sand (Last hoe was done by the true motherfuckers from the P-E-N-T-H-O-U-S-E) Players Clique Tweety's in the cold room, Freaky's in the studio room I am in the livin room, and Hammer's in the bedroom Freakin! (Or should I say skeezin?) Call it livin large in 1990 becuase playin be the reason So many freaks we have to forward the calls And when the girlies hear the.. {*beeper goes off*} .. they pause, and get hot (how come?) I think they know what time it is They should know that's how we handle our biz (gotta handle it) They shouldn't trip and call playin a sin because it's in and we're all black men so we love black pussy! And ya know that, because we show that! Yeah.. Aww yeah! Cuz DJ Quik is the king of the underground scene Yeah DJ Quik is in the motherfuckin house (say what?) DJ Quik is in the motherfuckin house (say WHAT?) and Shabby Doo is in the motherfuckin house (is that right?) and Too E Caddy's in the motherfuckin house (aww yeah!) and Playa Hamm is in the motherfuckin house (say what?) and Donzelly's in the motherfuckin house (say WHAT?) and Greedy Gregg is in the motherfuckin house, break it down! Aww yeah.. DJ Quik is in here for the big 9-0! along with the O.G.P.B.C. in the motherfuckin house baby Yo, and we outta here, peace