• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
LhotseDreems

Testosterone...

Hey Guys - i'm enjoying your posts... but, i'm wondering if there are any other chickies boppin' about?... am i the only one? Heaven forbid i should be the lone female in a group of climbing studs... wait a second! WHAT AM I SAYING!? Anyone good at peelin' grapes? {{lol}}

So, girls - you there??

Sorry Lhotse--not a girl but I am in the Portland area. Weren't you trying to peddle that Alien? Did you sell it yet?

Drop me a line via email if you haven't.

Also, maybe another posting to rec.climbing might direct a few women this way. Also, has anyone posted to Mazamas or Oregon Mountaineering Association website?

Rob

Hey Rob,

It's OK - i'm starting to cope with being the only female over here :) I guess there are worse things to encounter!

Yes, i am selling that Alien - i emailed at the address you have listed here. Hope to hear from you.

Hey Lhotse - Pretty sure Courtenay who hangs over on the Fitness Board is a gal.

Rob - which rec.climbing are you thinking of? While I like the OMA, I don't like having to be a member ($) to surf the bulk of their site (hence, I'm not a member). Not sure on the Mazama board. But they, plus Mountaineers, and others are certainly worth a shot to post a "check this out" on. I do know that at Lexicomm it's even more testoserone than here!

My first knowledge of this website was when I saw a posting on the Usenet group "rec.climbing". Thats what I am referring too.

I agree about OMA et al. I have zero interest in becoming a member either.

Rob

Hi Lhotse,

YOu are not alone- estrogen here to the rescue AND I'm in the Portland area too!

Anne,

Your estrogen is welcome here! And you're in Portland? That's fantastic! I've really been looking forward to meeting other female alpine climbers, particularly now that i've began reading "Leading Out".. the female bonding thing smile.gif

Got big plans for the winter?

Hmmmmm, winter plans. I'm heading down to Joshua Tree, with a possible stop over in the Sierras for Thanksgiving. I was hoping to try a winter ascent of Shasta with a pal of mine, and maybe some other Cascades. How about you?