Helmets?

Necronomicon

I wear ________ my helmet climbing.  

237 members have voted

1. 1. I wear ________ my helmet climbing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg_W said:

Sphinx said:

Do you speak English? "I wear always my helmet." Not gramatically correct. What an idiot.

With this quality of teachers in our schools today, no wonder the children don't learn shit. hellno3d.gif

Necro is a teacher? That WOULD explain it. hellno3d.gif

Excluding Necro, I believe that everyone should wear a helmet. I've had friends avoid serious injury while sport climbing due to their helmets. All it takes is the rope to catch behind your leg, then you flip and smack your head in the wall. Climbing's dangerous enough.

Sphinx said:

Excluding Necro, I believe that everyone should wear a helmet. I've had friends avoid serious injury while sport climbing due to their helmets. All it takes is the rope to catch behind your leg, then you flip and smack your head in the wall. Climbing's dangerous enough.

Yeah, I didn't even wear a helmet until I started sport climbing shocked.gif I know, it makes no sense at all, but when I climbed only trad, it just seemed like my partners

were more careful. confused.gif

Now I wear one all the time. I'm always bonking my head!

The nice thing about my helmet is it makes my massive porkchop head look like it's normal sized. thumbs_up.gif

Sphinx said:

All it takes is the rope to catch behind your leg, then you flip and smack your head in the wall. Climbing's dangerous enough.

or be liebacking, fall, and have the weight of your rack make you fall upside down. i got a bump on my head from just such a fall last week. hellno3d.gif ouch. (my helmet was being held hostage in a friend's car from a previous outing.)

thelawgoddess said:

Sphinx said:

All it takes is the rope to catch behind your leg, then you flip and smack your head in the wall. Climbing's dangerous enough.

or be liebacking, fall, and have the weight of your rack make you fall upside down. i got a bump on my head from just such a fall last week. hellno3d.gif ouch. (my helmet was being held hostage in a friend's car from a previous outing.)

Can't you just put all that hair in a bun-type thing? That ought to protect your noggin when you're sans helmet. yellaf.gif

thelawgoddess said:

Sphinx said:

It helps a lot to be heavier than your rack.

I almost always wear it. Always when leading, often when TRing, esp if there's activity at the top of the cliff.

Awhile back a kid climbing a neighboring TR kicked off some rocks that showered down on all at the base of the crag. Some who didn't have their hemets on yet made a point of donning them.