Broken Megamid Pole

David_Parker

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rbw1966 said:

You dont have to dip it in the ocean for salt water to affect it. The spray can start the corosion.

Use the phone. Its far more effective.

I dunno. I e-mailed them at 2:10pm about warranty repairs on my winter bivy. I got a reply back at 2:13pm. That's smoking timewise. Of course e-mail always make sit easy to ignore those difficult cases...

Fuck email, use phone. Spoke to Mike:

D: I have a broken section of megamid pole. Broke in wind strorm. We were impressed how well Megamid was doing until pole broke.

M: How old is the pole

D: 3-4 years I think

M: is it silver or gold?

D:Silver

M: that's an older one, new one's stronger

D: I'm happy if you send just the section that broke

M:I don't think we have any more older ones. WTF, I'll just send you a new one. What's address?

End of story, it's on the way! BD still Rocks!

iain said:

iain said:

Man I can't believe the pole broke. Was there a change in poles on the megamid? Mine's pretty burly

...and the answer to my original "know-it-all sh*thead 'tude question, thanks.

Yes you were being a shithead. Weather you choose to acknowledge is up to you. Fucking duck when we meet. I suspect it will be soon.

The NEW pole is much better, albeit heavier. Seems stronger (duh) but it is infinitely adjustable without messing with those little buttons in the hole bullshit.

I can't believe the first guy balked at replacing it when he heard the "old" style broke. Obviously (like much BD gear) it took a second generation to get it right. Still, I'll buy more BD stuff and I feel I was treated right in the end and that influences me in what products I choose.

The newer pole is almost too beefy. I leave it behind whenever possible but the ski pole deal can be a pain. Seems like another common complaint from older megamid users was the pole snapping from heavy snow. That would be a shitty wake-up in the middle of the night.