Cheap Ice Tools

kurthicks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Pro Mountain Sports has Charlet Moser 13cm screws on sale at $30. There's also a hammer DMM Fly tool for sale around $80-90. There was another tool for sale at $80-90, I just can't remember which price for which tool. They have a third tool for $39 (Grivel, I think). I guess they have tools to try out too, there were some on the racks. Looks like PMS preps their workers for ice climbing, the dude working there was bundled up in a coat and warm hat.

I think there were two adze Dmm Flys for $120 each, but not sure. They also have some of those butt-floss Mammut single spectra slings.

sketchfest said:

did the shrike replace the old x-15's?

The shrike is similar to the metal shafted X-15's (red) of a couple years ago. Shaft may be a bit lighter.

The shrike is not the same as the older, bonded rubber shaft (BRX) X-15's of several years back, that look like a Black Prophet without a fluted shaft, and without a replaceable head.

I bought both the Shrike and X-15 new from eBay. The Shrike is a bent shaft and has a slightly smaller diameter shaft than the X-15. They both seem to have the same pick attachment point thing-a-ma-jig so it looks like I can swap out picks between them. Maybe that's standard with all the BD tools, I don't know.

Shrike $100, X-15 $70

eBay continually has sales on tons of ice and rock gear. Paypal is a pain in the ass the first time around.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...