Newer Subaru Drivers are Clueless

Jens

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You think Suby drivers are bad, ya shoulda seen the Acura driver I encountered yesterday. It was on the Mt. Loop Highway in the little "Sinkhole" section that always washes out and is currently unpaved. I think there is a posted speed limit sign of 25 or at least some kind of warning about the road condition. I catch up to this guy and he is doing, no shit, 10 mph. I'm not having that, so I quickly passed him on the left, definitely no oncoming traffic. He took exception to having his doors blown off, so as soon as he hit pavement he accelerated. He quickly passed me back, he must've been doing 70 to 75, and this was on a BLIND CORNER in a no passing zone. Then he nearly sideswiped me as he jerked his car back into the right lane. I let him speed on past me at that point, didn't want anything to do w/ someone driving that recklessly. But if your little tricked out sports car can't do over 10 mph on a short section of gravel road that doesn't even have any potholes in it, maybe you should stay in the city and not venture out in the boonies. wazzup.gif

I've got one saying for four wheel drive owners. Four wheel drive, four wheel slide. The only thing a four wheel drive is good for, 2 things actually, are:

1) Gets you going faster so the wrecks are more spectacular

2) Gets your mechanic to send his kids to college

I just got an older Subaru. Awsume car, but a dog when rally driving up the dirt trailheads. I liked my older model Jetta, loved to power slide around curves.

I met the Subaru Rally team this year at the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb. Unfortuantly one of the cars wrecked at another race and two of the drivers I met died.

Here is the ultimate trailhead vehicle. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. (open attachment)

What I do when I'm not climbing. Build race trucks...

239011-skyline.jpg.c9110550c3b5db83d099b6ac2aa199c0.jpg

Edited by mr.radon

95% of washington drivers in washington suck big donkey cock- oh don't get you panties all bunched up in a wad- it icludes you dildo.

1. driving on the left on the freeway without passing. left lane is for passing only

2. merging into trafic on the freeway using your brake and forcing traffic to slow down

3.pulling to itersection and turning a blinker on to do left turn AFTER the light turns green.

4.talking on a cell phone while driving and being a complete asshole oblivious to what's going on around you (look #1 and driving on the left lane).

5. driving under speed limmit with no traffic around.

6.speedning up when other vehicle is passing your slow ass.

if you are guilty of any of it you are just a psyho-ass-puke and you deserve a bazooka-plow treatment. madgo_ron.gif

glassgowkiss said:

95% of washington drivers in washington suck big donkey cock- oh don't get you panties all bunched up in a wad- it icludes you dildo.

1. driving on the left on the freeway without passing. left lane is for passing only

2. merging into trafic on the freeway using your brake and forcing traffic to slow down

3.pulling to itersection and turning a blinker on to do left turn AFTER the light turns green.

4.talking on a cell phone while driving and being a complete asshole oblivious to what's going on around you (look #1 and driving on the left lane).

5. driving under speed limmit with no traffic around.

6.speedning up when other vehicle is passing your slow ass.

if you are guilty of any of it you are just a psyho-ass-puke and you deserve a bazooka-plow treatment. madgo_ron.gif

Good onya, mate!

Welcome back, Bob ! the_finger.gif

mr.radon said:

I've got one saying for four wheel drive owners. Four wheel drive, four wheel slide. The only thing a four wheel drive is good for, 2 things actually, are:

1) Gets you going faster so the wrecks are more spectacular

2) Gets your mechanic to send his kids to college

I just got an older Subaru. Awsume car, but a dog when rally driving up the dirt trailheads. I liked my older model Jetta, loved to power slide around curves.

I met the Subaru Rally team this year at the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb. Unfortuantly one of the cars wrecked at another race and two of the drivers I met died.

Here is the ultimate trailhead vehicle. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. (open attachment)

What I do when I'm not climbing. Build race trucks...

Very cool. I watched some of those big fuckers on TV recently running Pike's Peak. I think a sista won the big enchilada.

nolanr said:

Nice rig Mr. Radon. So can I pick up one of those for around $20 K or less?

No you can't get one for $20K, but we don't spend a dime of our own money. We build it all from scratch with lots of unpaid overtime. But we get almost all of the parts donated, and what is not donated we cover with sponsorship money. So I guess if you get sponsors like we do you can make it for free.

In addition to the two Pikes Peak racing trucks we've built we also built a Land Speed truck which holds the record for Class 8 in single and dual axles and a drag racing truck, which we just sold.

Although I've never gotten to drive the Pikes Peak Hill Climb truck on dirt, I've been in the passenger seat (when we had one) with the driver we hire to race Pikes Peak for us. I'd have to say it was a once in a life time experience, scared the hell out of me and I like to drive real fast on dirt.

A few years ago our driver wrecked the truck. That 12,600# truck turned five good sized trees into tooth picks. Lucky it was three weeks before the race and we were able to get it fixed in time for the race.

239893-Running.jpg.d7ce8b3e71f8ca1885b42841a13432c3.jpg

hey mr radon, you should go driving in poland or slovakia. my friend went so fast through a speed trap, that the pigs didn't even have time to pull us over. speed limmit is just a suggestion. hey, it's easy to drive a car on an empty road, try to pass arow of cars with oncoming trucks and no shoulder! next time i go there i need to bring my digital camera to show you folks how the driving should be done.

peronally i think new audi A3 kicks ass and if i had enough money it would be my choice. new pegout turbo (205?) is not bad either.

glassgowkiss said:

hey mr radon, you should go driving in poland or slovakia. my friend went so fast through a speed trap, that the pigs didn't even have time to pull us over. speed limmit is just a suggestion. hey, it's easy to drive a car on an empty road, try to pass arow of cars with oncoming trucks and no shoulder! next time i go there i need to bring my digital camera to show you folks how the driving should be done.

peronally i think new audi A3 kicks ass and if i had enough money it would be my choice. new pegout turbo (205?) is not bad either.

I'm usually pretty good on the paved streets now (vs my youth) but get me behind the wheel on dirt and I can't control myself. Jdog would testify that I really like to rally on the dirt roads. My favorite was my old 1986 Jetta. Good power, great tracktion, very controlable in power slides, good low end acceleration. I've hit the high 80's on the dirt road to Mount Adams. The best way to beat the ruts on dirt is to go really fast. It's in my blood I'm half German and half Austrian. I love the autobahns.

Check out the attachment, this was on a bus in Ecuador, the driver is passing the beer truck!

239990-PassBus.thumb.jpg.47754f8abbfb8b137967341931d6d9e4.jpg

Edited by mr.radon