accident

none_dup1

In all due respect to both Casey\others and the injured individual maybe we should not speculate any further on this matter...

Learning from others' mistakes is ok but let's not do it in a public forum and about a local climber that is still in the hospital when all the facts are not clear.

Perhaps this is a converstion to take offline if you still desire more hearsay etc.

-Ray

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll answer these inquiries, from the very second hand info that I have. The individual's tool & Burton snowboarding mitt were stuck in the ice @ 60ft. high, one BD ice screw was in place @ 30ft. high, with the rope running through it and down to the ground where it was cut. It is assumed by my friend, who led up, placing four screws, and established a V-thread rappel and recovered the equipment, that the individual had been using some method of roped soloing. It doesn't appear to me that the system failed. Hopefully someone else knows more about the event and can give the story. We wish Mr. Devany well.

------------------

KC

• 2 weeks later...

is there any update on mr. devany. has his condition improved? does anybody no how to start a fund for him? i know that medical bills are not cheap and there are limits. i don't have much money, but can always spare some extra.