New Route on Princess Mtn Monarch - Icefield

nice job you guys. i've made it into the more remote parts of the coast range a couple of times, and i always think to myself, "boy, this is what is must have been like for Fred in the cascades back in the day, unclimbed peaks everywhere..."

i guess it's how it still is for Fred

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fred has a rib injury. No he did not climb with us but his spirits and personality kept us going well.

I hope he has a good recovery.

In fact he pulled a black book beckey last minute try to hijack to another mountain trick. As we flew over the proposed mountain we discovered to our suspicion that the mountain looked awesome but would not require the time we had available and also that it offered way less in the interest of terrain and vicinity to other climbs. I wish as others do on the trip to return and climb the mountain intended by him. I suspect Serl will find it and climb it though. But maybe not.

hahaha.giffruit.gif

We did meet Mickey Schurr and Pat Callis though.. - Chestbeating-

I have to concur that having Fred along made for much entertainment. Even after the big tent was destroyed in the wind storm and Ray, Fred and I were crammed in a NF Oval 25, it wasn't too bad. Fred didn't even spill the pee bottle, although thank god for the vestibule. It was too bad that Fred's rib hurt so bad. The one time he did decide to go for a walk, he went over to the slopes below Page Mountain and sat down in a debris pile of rocks that tumbled down the mountai; we kinda got a kick out of that. He was dressed in black and just sorta looked like a rock himself just sitting there. Here's a photo!

47b3d606b3127cce8d3e55a0cfd10000000610

Here is a link to my photos. I wouldn't suggest trying to look at them from a modem connection. This is the long version and I intend to shorten it up.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b328b15fe447&notag=1

It was a great trip in a very remote area and I hope to return soon.

I haven't done anything up in this area but the pictures make me motivated to do so. Great photos and bravo for getting out to a rarely visited area. Gives us weekend hackers some inspiration during work week and reminds us to keep making plans for some far-flung climbing vacations. bigdrink.gif

There is a long tradition of naming themes up there. Besides all the Monarchy names (Monarch, Queen, Princess, Throne, Concubine, Page, etc.); there are the devilish ones (Cerberus, Ogre, Satan, Jezebel, Belial, Sciron); the Ape ones (Ape, Throwback); bears (Polar Bear, Cub, Horriblis); and now the Turtlehead theme.